Corn Salsa (Chipotle Copycat!)
Corn Salsa. This salsa is loaded up with fresh flavors and tangy lime juice! Perfect for loading onto tacos, nachos or in burrito bowls!
This Corn Salsa is reminiscent of the salsa offered at Chipotle. And one of my favorite items to add to my burrito bowls, tacos, and nachos! Made with fresh, juicy corn, roasted jalapeño, red onion, and lots of diced cilantro. All seasoned with freshly squeezed lime juice, and a bit of salt and pepper. Simple, flavorful, and fresh!
How to make this Fresh Corn Salsa:
- Roast corn and jalapeno: this helps soften the jalapeno and adds a nice roasted taste. You can also grill the corn if desired to get a smokey taste.
- Dice remaining ingredients
- Mix together and season to taste: start with adding less lime juice and salt. This way you can add more as needed.
- Chill: allow the corn salsa to chill prior to serving.
How to Serve/What to Serve with:
- Serve as a dip with chips
- Serve as a topping on your favorite tacos: ground beef, shrimp, carnitas, Carne Asada.
- Add to your nachos
- On top of your burrito bowls! (Cilantro Lime Rice, Charro Beans, Mexican Grilled Chicken—layer it all up!)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ears corn
- 1 jalapeno
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ½ bunch cilantro, diced
- 1-2 limes, juiced (approx 1/4 cup)
- ½-1 tsp salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Heat oil a large skillet over medium heat. Roast the corn and jalapeno until jalapeno is blacked and corn is cooked (will look bright yellow).
- Allow the corn and jalapeno to cool to the touch, then using a sharp knife cut the corn from the cob. Remove the blacked skin from the jalapeno (will come off easily with your fingers, or can scrape with a knife). Then slice in half and remove the seeds and membranes if desired to reduce the heat.
- Add the ingredients to a medium size mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Adjust the amount of lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate. Allow to chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.