Mexican Corn Dip! All the flavors of Mexican street corn. Perfect dip to set out for guests, bring to a potluck, or to just snack on!
What is in Mexican Corn Dip?
This Mexican Corn Dip has all the flavors of mexican street corn. To make this dish easier to put together, you can use canned corn. If you have the time and want to use fresh corn you can do that also.
When using canned corn I prefer to use one can of whole kernel corn and one can of a spicy southwestern corn, which is corn with chiles and bell peppers. If you can’t find any at the market no worries, we add in green chiles also.
Other ingredients include mayonnaise, sour cream, queso fresco and chile powder.
Tips for making this Mexican Corn Dip:
Dry out the corn completely. Or as much as possible. Drain the corn and once in the bowl use a paper towel to dry it off even more. Too much liquid will make the dip runny, so remove as much liquid as you can. This isn’t typically an issue when using fresh corn off the cob.
Chill the dip prior to serving! And give it a stir before serving.
Other Corn Recipes:
Mexican Corn Dip
- 1 (15.25 ounce can) whole kernel corn
- 1 (11 ounce can) Baja Spicy Corn, or southwest corn
- 1 (4 ounce can) Fire Roasted Green Chilies
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup green onion , chopped
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- Lime juice from 1 lime wedge
- ⅛ tsp Chili Powder
- salt & pepper, as needed
- In a medium size mixing bowl add the drained cans of corn and green chiles. Using a paper towel dry them off as much as possible.
- Add in the mayonnaise and sour cream stir to combine.
- Add in the queso fresco.
- Stir in the green onion and cilantro. Add lime juice and stir.
- Sprinkle with a dusting of chile powder.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes prior to serving.