This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This creamy fish taco sauce is cool, tangy, smooth and slightly spicy. The perfect complement to your fish tacos, this sauce comes together with minimal ingredients and less than 5 minutes of your time.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Simple ingredients: this white sauce comes together with easy ingredients.
- Mild but flavorful: thanks to the addition of hot sauce, garlic, and lime juice this sauce has a tangy, slightly spicy flavoring. It’s the perfect complement for seafood like these fish tacos or shrimp tacos.
- Quick: only 5 minutes are needed to mix this sauce together.
- Sour Cream: this can be subbed with plain greek yogurt, or Mexican Crema.
- Hot Sauce: use your favorite, some options include: Sriracha, Valentinas, and Cholula.
- Lime: fresh squeezed lime juice is best.
- Mayonnaise: this gives a creamy base to the sauce, you can use any mayonnaise you prefer.
How To Make It
- Combine the sour cream and mayonnaise until you have a smooth and creamy base. Adjust ingredients as needed to get the desired consistency.
- Add in the hot sauce, garlic powder, lime juice and salt. Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired.
- Cover or seal the container and place in the refrigerator to let chill until you are ready to use it on your fish tacos.
Make Ahead and Storage Info
- Make Ahead: Prepare the sauce, store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days (as long as your sour cream or greek yogurt aren’t expired).
- Freezing: it is not recommended to freeze this creamy fish taco sauce.
- Storage: store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
What To Serve with Fish Tacos
- Grilled Mexican Street Corn (Elotes)
- Mexican Corn Salad
- Mango Salsa
- Cilantro Lime Rice, or this Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
Or check our What To Serve with Tacos recipe collection for more ideas!
More Popular Sauce Recipes
Creamy Fish Taco Sauce
- Combine the mayonnaise and sour cream in a small bowl. Stir until well combined and smooth
- Add the hot sauce, lime juice and garlic powder. Taste and adjust as needed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble tacos.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Photography by the talented KJandCompany.co