Carne Asada Street Tacos. Soft corn tortillas filled with juicy, tender, grilled Carne Asada. Topped with diced onion, cilantro and crumbled queso fresco. Skip the taco shop and make these at home!
Carne Asada street tacos are a classic, hearty dish! Flavorful, tender beef that has been marinated in a citrus marinade and grilled. This smokey, juicy meat is the star of the show in these tacos. Top with your favorites or keep it simple with onions and cilantro for a classic taco shop experience. Serve with some Esquites or Elotes with some Fresas con Crema for dessert to complete the meal.
How to make Carne Asada Street Tacos:
- Prepare the Carne Asada marinade: combine the ingredients for the marinade and coat the meat. Top with additional orange and onion slices. (For additional information on Carne Asada and how to make it check out this post!)
- Marinate the meat: allow the meat to marinate for at least 4 hours up to overnight. Do not marinate for longer than 24 hours.
- Grill: cook the meat. Flank steak cooks hot and fast. Check the internal temperature to check done-ness.
- Chop & Assemble: after the meat has rested, chop it up. Assemble the tacos by warming the tortillas (this helps prevent breaking). Layer the tortillas if desired to help strengthen the taco. Then fill with chopped meat, top with toppings.
Best Taco Toppings:
More Taco Recipes:
Carne Asada Street Tacos
- 1½ -3 lbs flank steak
Carne Asada Marinade
- chopped carne asada , from above
- 36 white corn tortillas
- ¼ cup cilantro, diced
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- ½ cup queso fresco, crumbled
- Mix together the ingredients for the carne asada marinade.
- Coat the flank steak with the marinade, top with sliced oranges and onion. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Remove the oranges, onion, and excess marinade. Grill the meat to desired temperature: Rare: 115℉ -120℉ Medium Rare: 120℉ – 125℉ Medium: 130℉-135℉ Well Done: 140℉ – 145℉.
- Remove the meat from the grill. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Chop meat into small 1/4 inch cubes.
- Layer the corn tortillas and fill with chopped meat. Top with diced onion and cilantro and crumbled queso fresco.