Taco Stuffed Peppers
Taco Stuffed Peppers. An easy, healthier option for family taco night! These bell peppers are loaded up with the BEST taco meat, cheese and all the taco toppings. This is a quick and easy recipe to toss together for a weeknight family dinner.
As usual, I’m always on the lookout for ways to enjoy tacos during the week. These Taco Stuffed Peppers are always a hit in our home. To make life easy, I will typically make a large batch of taco meat for the week.
HOW TO MAKE TACO STUFFED PEPPERS:
- Cut the peppers in half, and scoop out the seeds and membranes from the inside. It’s easy to do with a spoon.
- Lay the peppers on a baking sheet, cut side facing up, and bake them to soften.
- While the peppers bake, prepare the taco meat. I recommend my recipe for the Best Ground Beef Taco Meat.
- Once the peppers are softened and the ground beef is prepared then spoon the taco meat into the peppers, top with cheese. You can bake for a couple additional minutes to melt the cheese if desired.
- Top with any desired toppings and enjoy!
Other Taco Recipes:
WANT TO TRY THESE TACO STUFFED PEPPERS?
PIN THEM NOW!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 taco seasoning
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the peppers in half. Spoon out the seeds and membranes. Place the peppers cut side up on a medium size baking sheet.
- Bake the peppers for about 20 minutes until the peppers are softened.
- While the peppers are baking, prepare the taco meat. Place the ground beef into a medium size skillet, cook over medium heat while breaking up the meat. Once the meat is browned and fully cooked, add the taco seasoning and tomato sauce. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the cooked meat into the cooked peppers. Top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
- Bake for an additional 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese if desired.
- Serve warm, top with any additional taco toppings desired.
- Category: dinner
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 339
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 331 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 23 g
Keywords: taco, stuffed peppers,