Taco Stuffed Peppers. An easy, healthier option for family taco night! These bell peppers are loaded up with the BEST taco meat, cheese and all the taco toppings. This is a quick and easy recipe to toss together for a weeknight family dinner.
As usual, I’m always on the lookout for ways to enjoy tacos during the week. These Taco Stuffed Peppers are always a hit in our home. To make life easy, I will typically make a large batch of taco meat for the week.
HOW TO MAKE TACO STUFFED PEPPERS:
- Cut the peppers in half, and scoop out the seeds and membranes from the inside. It’s easy to do with a spoon.
- Lay the peppers on a baking sheet, cut side facing up, and bake them to soften.
- While the peppers bake, prepare the taco meat. I recommend my recipe for the Best Ground Beef Taco Meat.
- Once the peppers are softened and the ground beef is prepared then spoon the taco meat into the peppers, top with cheese. You can bake for a couple additional minutes to melt the cheese if desired.
- Top with any desired toppings and enjoy!
Other Taco Recipes:
WANT TO TRY THESE TACO STUFFED PEPPERS?
PIN THEM NOW!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Taco Stuffed Peppers
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 taco seasoning
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Optional Taco Toppings
- sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the peppers in half. Spoon out the seeds and membranes. Place the peppers cut side up on a medium size baking sheet.
- Bake the peppers for about 20 minutes until the peppers are softened.
- Spoon the cooked meat into the cooked peppers. Top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
- Bake for an additional 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese if desired.
- Serve warm, top with any additional taco toppings desired.