Taco Stuffed Avocados. The perfect low carb taco! These avocados are loaded up with the BEST taco meat, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and a dollop of sour cream. Perfect for an easy lunch or light dinner.
An avocado is the perfect substitute for a taco shell! Not only can you enjoy the taco toppings, but you get to enjoy the avocado and can even scoop some out for a little guacamole!
How To Stuff An Avocado
This is such an easy dish to make. All that’s needed is to slice the avocado in half, remove the pit, use a spoon to scoop out a little of the avocado to create a larger crater. And make sure you save the avocado to make some guacamole!
Then just load up the avocado halves with your taco toppings of choice! Although I recommend following the recipe below for the BEST taco meat made with a homemade taco seasoning. Or you can use these recipes for some Slow cooker sweet barbacoa, Mexican brisket, or carnitas to stuff the avocados with also.
These taco stuffed avocados are perfect as a lunch or a light dinner. Low carb friendly. And the best part? My kids loved them!
How Many Carbs Are In These Taco Stuffed Avocados?
When looking at the carbs that are included in this recipe we need to keep in mind that we need to consider NET CARBS. Meaning we take the total amount of carbs in the avocado and subtract the fiber. Which leaves us with 3 g net carbs.
What to serve these taco stuffed avocados with:
Other Low Carb Recipes:Print
Taco Stuffed Avocados. The perfect low carb Taco! These avocados are loaded up with the BEST taco meat, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and a dollop of sour cream. Perfect for an easy lunch or light dinner.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 avocados halved
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- ¼ cup lettuce shredded
- sour cream
- Add the ground beef to a medium size sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until browned.
- Drain the grease and add the seasonings and the tomato sauce. Stir to combine. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pit from the halved avocados. Load the crater left from the pit with the taco meat. Top with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro and sour cream.
- If you want to make a larger area in the avocado for the toppings, spoon out some of the avocado and set aside to make guacamole! Then fill with toppings.
Serve with some Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 410
- Protein: 26 g
- Cholesterol: 70 mg
Taco Stuffed Avocados first appeared on The Recipe Critic