This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These English Muffin Pizza a fun and easy kid friendly dinner or snack recipe. Toasted English muffins topped with pizza sauce, melty mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and all your favorite toppings.
There’s a fun nostalgia that comes with cooking these English Muffin Pizzas. While a regular pepperoni pizza (with a no yeast pizza dough!) is a great meal, there’s something special about making pizza on muffins.
This is my number one go to meal when I need something easy, fun, and guaranteed to please everyone! The kids love getting in the kitchen to make these with me, and they each to get to make their own with the toppings they want.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- English Muffins: Store-bought muffins make this recipe easy to put together. Use a gluten-free version if needed. You can also use homemade English muffins!
- Pizza Sauce: Any store-bought sauce will work, we love using Rao’s brand, or this Organic store brand with no sugar. We also have a quick no cook recipe for pizza sauce that takes less than 5 minutes to put together with basic pantry ingredients.
- Mozzarella: Our favorite melty cheese is mozzarella, just make sure you grab a low moisture, whole milk mozzarella.
- Pepperoni: Mini pepperonis fit perfectly on the smaller size of these muffin pizzas, if you’re using full size pepperoni I would recommend slicing into quarters before adding.
- Toppings: Use whatever your favorite toppings are! My kids love using a combination of cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, bell peppers, and olives.
Find the complete recipe card below with measurements and full instructions.
How to make English Muffin Pizzas
First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Then, slice the English muffins in half and place on a large baking sheet, cut side up.
Bake the muffins for 8 minutes until the edges start to turn golden.
Remove from the oven and spread pizza sauce over the tops.
Top with grated mozzarella and add desired toppings, each person can make these their own!
Place the pizzas in the oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes until the cheese is completely melted. Top with grated parmesan and fresh basil for serving.
These pizzas make a great snack food, easy lunch idea, or fun family dinner. They can be enjoyed on their own or with a side dish. Some of our favorite side dishes include:
- Roasted Mexican Vegetables
- House salad with a homemade ranch dressing or blue cheese.
- Mexican Fruit Salad
- Strawberry Poppyseed Salad
- Classic Southern Coleslaw
- Bake the English Muffin Pizzas as directed and allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Once the pan is cooled, place the pan with the pizzas in the freezer and allow them to freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Then, remove the pizzas from the pan and store in a freezer-safe container or bag.
- Store the pizzas for up to 3 months.
- Frozen English muffin pizzas can be reheated from frozen. Place frozen pizzas on a baking sheet and bake in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes or until warmed through.
- Prevent Soggy English Muffin Pizza: Toast the buns briefly before adding the toppings, this helps keep the muffins crisp and not soggy.
- Customize: This is such a great recipe to make with kids because you can let them each make their own! They’ll have so much fun making them and they’ll enjoy eating their creations even more.
- Make Ahead: Since these are freezer-friendly, you can store them in the freezer and simply heat back up in the oven when ready for a fun, easy dinner or quick lunch idea.
English Muffin Pizzas
- 6 English muffins
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups whole milk mozzarella grated
- ½ cup mini pepperoni
- 4 ounces baby bella mushrooms sliced
- ½ green bell pepper diced
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- fresh basil diced
- grated parmesan for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice English muffins in half and place on a large baking sheet, cut side up.
- Bake the muffins for 8 minutes until the edges start to turn golden.
- Remove from the oven and spread pizza sauce over the tops.
- Top with grated mozzarella and add desired toppings, each person can make these their own!
- Place the pizzas in the oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
- Top with grated parmesan and fresh basil for serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Photography by @KJandCompany.co