Quick and Easy Shrimp Tacos
Quick and easy Shrimp Tacos. Only minutes are needed to put these shrimp tacos together. The shrimp are cooked in a homemade taco seasoning. Top with a creamy cilantro lime sauce to complete the dish!
These shrimp tacos are one of my all time favorite quick and easy meals to put together. Shrimp cooks up in minutes, making this meal come together in less than 15 minutes. These tacos are perfect for a weeknight meal! The highlights of this recipe:
- Quick (15 minutes or less!)
- Homemade taco seasoning: know what ingredients you are using.
- Cilantro Lime Sauce: cold and creamy, the perfect complement to the slight spice of the seasoned shrimp.
- Go low carb, ditch the tortillas and make a salad using the cabbage, shrimp, queso fresco and the cilantro lime cream sauce!
- Shrimp: my preference for this recipe is to use medium sized shrimp that has already been peeled, deveined, and tails removed. It saves time when prepping to cook.
- Taco Seasoning: this homemade taco seasoning is the BEST!
- Corn Tortillas: white corn tortillas, standard size of 6 inches.
- Shredded Cabbage
- Cilantro Lime Sauce: this recipe here is my favorite!
- Queso Fresco: crumble some up to go on top. Can substitute with Feta cheese if needed.
What Kind of Shrimp to Buy:
This recipe can be made with fresh or frozen shrimp. If using frozen, make sure you prepare in advance since you will need to thaw the shrimp, it’s best to let the shrimp thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
To make the prep time go quick and easy buy already peeled, deveined and tails removed shrimp.
Buy medium size shrimp, they are the perfect size for tacos, larger shrimp typically take more than one bite and can be awkward in the tacos.
More Taco Recipes:
Quick and Easy Shrimp Tacos
- 1 tbsp oil, avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 16 white corn tortillas
- 1-2 cups shredded cabbage
- queso fresco, crumbled
- cilantro lime sauce
- Combine the ingredients for the taco seasoning. Pat the shrimp dry and add to a medium size bowl. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and stir to coat the shrimp.
- Heat oil in a medium size skillet over medium heat. Lay the shrimp in the skillet spaced apart, cook in batches if needed, and allow to cook for about 2 minutes, then flip and continue to cook an additional 2-3 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through and has a pink coloring. Remove from the skillet and cook additional shrimp if needed.
- Briefly heat corn tortillas on a skillet or in microwave, just to soften. Layer the tortillas to help prevent breaking. Fill with shredded cabbage and cooked shrimp. Top with crumbled queso fresco and a drizzle of cilantro lime cream sauce.