This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cilantro Lime Sauce. This creamy sauce is loaded up with fresh garlic, cilantro and tart lime juice. This sauce is perfectly cold and tangy for drizzling on tacos, nachos, burritos and salads.
Cilantro Lime Sauce. This garlicky sauce is loaded up with fresh cilantro and has a freshness thanks to the lime juice. This flavorful sauce is cold, creamy, and tangy. Which makes it the perfect complement to any spicy meats! Drizzling this sauce onto tacos is one of my favorites, but it also can double as a salad dressing or dipping sauce.
- Sour Cream: this is the base for the sauce. I personally prefer a combination of sour cream and mayonnaise. IF you would prefer to use only sour cream, you can, the sauce has a bit of a tang to it due to the sour cream. The mayonnaise does help to soften the tanginess of the sour cream. You can also substitute with greek yogurt if preferred.
- Garlic: lots of fresh minced garlic!
- Cilantro: half a bunch of cilantro leaves and stems for flavor.
- Lime Juice: fresh squeezed. Start with the juice of one lime wedge and add more as needed. Lime can be overpowering, so start with the lower amount and add as desired.
What to use this sauce for:
- Topping for tacos: carnitas, carne asada, Mexican brisket, shrimp.
- Salad Dressing: this sauce is a great dressing, one of my favorites is to take some shredded cabbage, some shrimp cooked in taco seasoning, and use this sauce as the dressing!
- Dipping Sauce: serve up alongside of some Mexican Grilled Chicken, or some Chile Lime French Fries.
Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Combine the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse until combined and cilantro is blended, no large leaves remain.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.