Homemade Avocado Ranch Dressing bursting with fresh herbs, avocado, and a hint of lime juice. Perfect for using as a salad dressing or as a dip!
How do I make homemade avocado ranch dressing?
Making homemade avocado ranch dressing is simple. The base of the dressing is a basic ranch, with a few additions of cilantro, lime juice, and of course avocado.
We will make a base out of a combination of mayonnaise, sour cream and milk. A handful of fresh parsley and cilantro. I find it best to use more cilantro than parsley to up the southwestern taste of the dressing.
Some fresh or dried chives and dill. If using fresh herbs you will need to use more, dried herbs will pack more flavor, so you can use a smaller amount.
Garlic. Salt and pepper to taste. Some fresh lime juice to add a hint of acidity and a burst of fresh citrus flavor. And the avocado.
Recipes to use with this Avocado Ranch Dressing:
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (2 teaspoons dried)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives (1 teaspoon dried chives)
- 2 teaspoon fresh dill (1 teaspoon dried dill)
- 1 avocado
- juice from 1 small lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor (affiliate link).
- Pulse until combined and smooth.
- Store in sealed container in refrigerator. Will store for about 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 238
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Protein: 3 g