This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Warm Vanilla Tres Leches Drink. A fun play on a vanilla bean steamer, topped with whipped cream and a cherry! A perfect warm drink to enjoy on a cold day that doesn’t include coffee.
Sometimes you just need a warm, comforting drink. Warm milk drinks have been around for a long time. And there’s plenty of rumors that a cup of warm milk will help you sleep. Although, that hasn’t been proven. I think there is definitely a comfort factor in having a warm cup of milk.
In fact, if you’ve ever been in need of a warm drink from your favorite coffee shop, you’ve probably had a Steamer, maybe a Vanilla Bean Steamer? Which is warm milk, with flavored syrup. Topped with whipped cream for an extra special treat.
This Warm Vanilla Tres Leches is lightly sweetened, and made with real vanilla bean for true vanilla flavor! Making this the perfect warm, comforting, non caffeinated drink for the season!
How to Make Warm Vanilla Tres Leches Drink:
- Combine the milks
- Add the vanilla bean caviar
- Serve with homemade whipped cream
Ingredients need for this warm milk recipe:
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: this is a thick, sweetened milk that comes in a can. Not the evaporated milk that is canned.
- Half and Half: this is going to add a bit of cream to our drink. If you don’t have half and half you could substitute by using half the amount called for in cream and the rest in the milk you are using.
- Milk: Use any type of milk that you have on hand. Whole milk will give a creamier drink, I tend to use 2% since that’s what I have in my refrigerator.
- Vanilla Bean: Using real vanilla beans gives wonderful flavor and gorgeous specks of vanilla in the finished product. I love using Madagascar Vanilla beans, but you could use any kind you get your hands on.
Top with whipped cream! I always prefer to make my own homemade whipped cream which is super easy and uses:
- Heavy Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
More Recipes You May Enjoy:
Warm Vanilla Tres Leches Drink
- 1 (14 ounce can) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 vanilla bean
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 maraschino cherries
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk, half and half and milk of choice into a medium size saucepan. Cut the vanilla bean in half and scrape the inside. Place both the vanilla bean caviar and the bean into the milk mixture.
- Heat over medium heat until just simmering.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes, remove the vanilla bean prior to pouring into glasses.
- Pour the heavy cream into mixing bowl and beat over medium speed until cream starts to thicken.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Continue to beat over medium to high speed until cream is thick and forming into stiff peaks.
- Pipe onto tres leches drink. Serve the drink warm. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Recipe Originally published November 24, 2015.
Updated November 26, 2019.