This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Celebrate Christmas with this Eggnog latte made right at home. A super simple coffee drink that uses real eggnog instead of creamer.
There’s nothing better than enjoying a warm mug of a delicious coffee to start the day. This easy to make at home latte is:
- Budget Friendly: Save money and avoid the coffee shop, these lattes are so easy to make at home and taste even better!
- Simple Ingredients: This recipe only needs 2 ingredients to make at home!
- Cozy: Wam and filled with the comforting flavor and spice of eggnog.
- Dark Brewed Coffee or Espresso: Brew your coffee or espresso according to your regular method for use in this recipe.
- Eggnog: You can use a store bought or homemade eggnog. Use a dairy free or egg free version as needed.
how to make an Eggnog Latte:
- Brew Espresso: Brew espresso according to your preferred method. Or you can brew a dark coffee.
- Warm Eggnog: Pour the eggnog into a small saucepan and heat over medium low heat until scalded, but not boiling. If you’re using a thermometer it should reach 140-150 degrees F.
- Froth the Eggnog: Pour the heated eggnog into a jar or glass. Then use a frother to froth the eggnog until foamy. If you don’t have a hand held frother you can use a whisk.
- Pour: Next, pour the brewed espresso or coffee into the mug. Then pour the eggnog into the mug. As you pour the eggnog into the mug, foam from entering by using a spoon.
- Topping: Spoon the eggnog foam onto the top of the drink. Next, add a sprinkle of nutmeg as a garnish.
Serve this eggnog latte warm for breakfast or an afternoon treat. It’s a fun pairing for your Christmas breakfast and I recommend serving it with our Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole, Ham and Cheese Croissant Casserole, or Sausage Kolaches.
For an indulgent treat, add a spoon of whipped cream to the top of the latte.
Eggnog Latte FAQs:
Eggnog lattes don’t typically have alcohol in them. However, if you want to add a splash of rum or Kahlua, you can make this a coffee cocktail.
Froth eggnog just like you would milk. You can use the wand of your espresso machine if you have one, a hand-held frother, or a whisk.
- ½ cup espresso or dark coffee
- 1 cup eggnog warm
- ground nutmeg
- Prepare the coffee according to your preferred method.
- Pour the eggnog into a saucepan and heat over medium heat until it reaches a temperature between 140-150 degrees F, just scalding it and not bringing it to a simmer.
- Remove the eggnog from the heat, pour it into a jar or cup, and froth using a handheld frother or a whisk.
- Pour the coffee into the mug. Then pour the eggnog into the mug, using a spoon to hold back the foam while pouring.
- Spoon the foam onto the top of the drink, top with a sprinkle of ground nutmeg.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Recipe was first published November 2017. Updated Nov, 2023.