Easy Chili Recipe. Quick and filling! This easy chili recipe can be made in the slow cooker or as a one pot 30 minute meal. Loaded with beef, beans, chiles and more this hearty chili is perfect for loading up with all your favorite toppings.
How do you make Homemade Chili?
This particular recipe can be made on the stovetop in a Dutch oven or large pot. Or it can be made in the slow cooker! It just depends on your preference and time schedule.
If you have time in the morning to prep the ingredients and allow this to cook all day to be ready for an easy dinner go the slow cooker route. If your schedule gives you 30 minutes to create a flavorful meal right at dinner time, then this one pot 30 minute chili recipe is for you!
How Do You Make a 30 Minute Chili?
- Brown the ground beef and saute the onion in the pot.
- Drain the grease and then add the remaining ingredients and allow them to simmer together for at least 20 minutes.
How Do You Make Chili in a Slow Cooker?
- Brown the beef and saute the onion in a skillet.
- Add the beef and onion to the slow cooker then add the remaining ingredients.
- Allow it to cook and simmer on LOW for 4-6 hours.
What kind of spices are used in chili?
A healthy dose of chili powder gives a hearty depth of flavor and the slightest bit of heat to this easy chili recipe. Other spices added are black pepper, salt, garlic powder, some cumin and I always like to add just a bit of light brown sugar to cut through the acidity of the tomatoes.
How to freeze chili:
With this chili being so quick and easy to make, it’s just as easy to make a big batch of it and save some for another night.
Cool the chili completely, pour into a freezer gallon size bag, press all of the air out of it then seal closed. Lay it flat in the freezer to let it freeze in an easy to store shape. The chili can store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to use the freezer chili then you can simply remove it from the freezer, and allow to thaw in the refrigerator for the day or overnight. Then pour the chili into a large pot, bring to a simmer with a lid on to retain moisture. Add any additional seasonings as needed and enjoy!
Other hearty chili and soup recipes:
Easy Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 yellow onion , diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomato
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- sour cream
- cheese, shredded
- green onion
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Add the ground beef and onion to a medium size skillet. Cook over medium heat until the onion is soft and the beef is completely cooked. Add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat, drain grease, and add meat mixture to the crockpot.
- Add in all the other ingredients, stir to combine. Cook over low heat for 4-6 hours.
- Add the ground beef and onion to a large pot or dutch oven. Cook over medium heat until the onion is soft and the beef is completely cooked. Add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds. Drain any grease and return to heat.
- Add all other ingredients to the pot, stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Cover and allow to simmer for about 15-20 minutes.