Fresas con Crema (Strawberries and Cream)
Fresas con Crema. Quick and easy Strawberries and Cream recipe! Ripe, juicy strawberries in a cold, sweet cream sauce. Perfect easy dessert recipe!
What is Fresas con Crema?
Fresas con crema is a traditional mexican dessert. A quick and easy Strawberries and cream recipe. Ripe and juicy strawberries are diced and added into a sweetened cream sauce. Made with easy to find ingredients, this recipe is easy to customize to make it just how you and your family love!
How to make:
- Dice strawberries: dice however you prefer. Some people like slices, I prefer to dice them into chunks. Dice to a size that is easy to fit onto a spoon so that you can easily enjoy your dessert.
- Blend: blending some of the strawberries with the media crema, also called table cream (image below). This gives a strawberry flavor throughout the cream, plus a natural pretty pink color to the cream.
- Mix Cream: combine the remaining ingredients for the cream. The base of the recipe is the media crema (found in the hispanic aisle in most markets, it’s a canned milk), sweetened condensed milk, and sour cream. Plus a hint of vanilla for extra flavor.
- Combine: pour the cream over the strawberries. Thanks to the sour cream the mixture is nice and thick.
- Chill: this dessert is best served COLD! I love letting it chill in the refrigerator for a little bit. But it can also be served as soon as it’s made.
Milks/creams: this dessert can be made with a variety of milks/creams. Some popular options include:
- Media crema(table cream)
- Sour cream
- Sweetened condensed milk (La Lachera is a popular brand to use for this recipe, any brand can be used)
- Evaporated milk
- Whole milk
- Heavy cream
- Greek Yogurt
It’s all about finding the balance of thickness and sweetness that you prefer. Media cream is an in-between thickness, more than milk or evaporated milk. But not as thick as sour cream.
Use the sweetened condensed milk to sweeten the dessert. Start with a small amount and add more to preference.
A cup or bowl filled with just the strawberries and cream is a tasty treat on it’s own. Add a dollop of whipped cream, or make this dish suitable for breakfast by adding some crunchy granola on top.
More Strawberry recipes:
More Mexican desserts:
Fresas Con Crema (Strawberries and Cream)
- 2 lbs strawberries
- 1 (7.6 ounce) can media crema
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- Dice the strawberries to preference and add to a medium size bowl
- Combine the media crema and 3/4 cup of diced strawberries in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add the vanilla, sweetened condensed milk and sour cream to the strawberry cream. Stir to combine.
- Pour the cream over the strawberries. Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill in the refrigerator.