This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Avocado Chicken Salad. This chicken salad is made without any mayo, just avocado! Perfect for an easy lunch or light dinner! Keep it low carb and fresh by using lettuce wraps.
Juicy, tender chunks of chicken mixed with red onion, cilantro, and covered in avocado. Making for an easy to put together avocado chicken salad that is perfect for scooping onto a bread roll, croissant, cracker, or into some fresh lettuce wraps!
How do I make Avocado Chicken Salad?
This avocado chicken salad comes together quick and easy. Making it perfect as a lunch meal.
The main ingredient is chicken. You can either use diced chicken or shredded chicken. Just depends on your preference. If you make the chicken ahead of time then the time needed to make this recipe is only about 5 minutes. You can also use a rotisserie chicken if you prefer. There’s instructions below in the recipe on the easiest way to cook and shred chicken also!
This chicken salad is made with mashed up avocado. No mayo needed.
Other Lighter Recipes:
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced or shredded
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro diced
- 2 small avocados
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup grape tomatoes diced
- Butter lettuce leaves
- In a medium size bowl add the shredded or diced chicken, red onion and cilantro.
- In a small bowl mash the avocado, add the salt and garlic powder. Stir to combine. Spoon into the chicken mixture and stir until mixed.
- Serve as desired and enjoy! Top with diced tomatoes and hot sauce if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.