This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Frosty, creamy, tart and sweet. These Mango Margaritas are the perfect drink to pair with your favorite Mexican dishes or to simply enjoy on its own.
This recipe creates a restaurant worthy mango margarita thanks to using real mango. This recipe can be made with either fresh or frozen mango.
How Do you make a mango margarita?
There’s two ways to enjoy a margarita. Blended or on the rocks. So let’s talk about making a mango margarita on the rocks first.
What does on the rocks mean? Over ice. This is a great option if you don’t have a blender.
To make a mango margarita on the rocks we will combine tequila, triple sec, and mango juice. Stir our shake it up to combine. Then pour over a cup of ice.
How do you make a frozen mango margarita?
This is personally my favorite way to enjoy a margarita but I didn’t always have a blender, so these are still a fun luxury for me.
The recipe below is for one margarita. The basic idea is 1 cup of ice and 1/2 cup of frozen mango per margarita. You can use fresh mangoes also, but I find frozen mango makes for a really creamy drink. And since we’re not using a sweetened juice in this version adding some agave adds a nice sweetness overall.
Other drink recipes:
Mango Margarita On The Rocks
- 1½ oz tequila
- 1/2 oz triple sec or orange liquor of choice
- 1/2 cup mango juice
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 cups ice
- Margarita Salt
Frozen Mango Margarita
- 1 cup ice
- ½ cup frozen mango
- 1½ oz tequila
- ½ oz triple sec or other orange liqueur
- 2 tbsp agave
- juice of 1/2 a lime
Mango Margarita on the Rocks
- Place cups into freezer to frost them
- Mix together the drink using the liquors and juice
- Remove the cups from the freezer and using some lime juice from the other half of the lime get the rim wet and then dip into the margarita salt
- Scoop the ice into the cup, and then pour the drink. Garnish with lime or other fruit as desired.
Frozen Mango Margaritas
- Add the ice and frozen mango to the blender.
- Add in the tequila, triple sec, agave and lime juice. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Using a lime wedge go around the rim of the cups, dip into margarita salt or sugar.
- Pour the drink, garnish with lime wedge if desired and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.