Frosty, creamy, tart and sweet. These Mango Margaritas are the perfect drink to pair with your favorite Mexican dishes or to simply enjoy on its own.
This recipe creates a restaurant worthy mango margarita thanks to using real mango. This recipe can be made with either fresh or frozen mango.
How Do you make a mango margarita?
There’s two ways to enjoy a margarita. Blended or on the rocks. So let’s talk about making a mango margarita on the rocks first.
What does on the rocks mean? Over ice. This is a great option if you don’t have a blender.
To make a mango margarita on the rocks we will combine tequila, triple sec, and mango juice. Stir our shake it up to combine. Then pour over a cup of ice.
How do you make a frozen mango margarita?
This is personally my favorite way to enjoy a margarita but I didn’t always have a blender, so these are still a fun luxury for me.
The recipe below is for one margarita. The basic idea is 1 cup of ice and 1/2 cup of frozen mango per margarita. You can use fresh mangoes also, but I find frozen mango makes for a really creamy drink. And since we’re not using a sweetened juice in this version adding some agave adds a nice sweetness overall.
Other drink recipes:
Mango Margarita On The Rocks
- 1½ oz tequila
- 1/2 oz triple sec, or orange liquor of choice
- 1/2 cup mango juice
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 cups ice
- Margarita Salt
Frozen Mango Margarita
- 1 cup ice
- ½ cup frozen mango
- 1½ oz tequila
- ½ oz triple sec, or other orange liqueur
- 2 tbsp agave
- juice of 1/2 a lime
Mango Margarita on the Rocks
- Place cups into freezer to frost them
- Mix together the drink using the liquors and juice
- Remove the cups from the freezer and using some lime juice from the other half of the lime get the rim wet and then dip into the margarita salt
- Scoop the ice into the cup, and then pour the drink. Garnish with lime or other fruit as desired.
Frozen Mango Margaritas
- Add the ice and frozen mango to the blender.
- Add in the tequila, triple sec, agave and lime juice. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Using a lime wedge go around the rim of the cups, dip into margarita salt or sugar.
- Pour the drink, garnish with lime wedge if desired and enjoy!