Serve this Homemade Bean Dip for all your gatherings or parties. This recipe also makes a great appetizer to any Tex Mex meal. Serve with some tortilla chips alongside some Cheese Enchiladas, Brisket Tacos, or Steak Fajitas. To make things easier, you can also make this recipe in a slow cooker to take to any potlucks!
How To Make Spicy Bean Dip:
One of my favorite things about this easy bean dip is that it comes together fast and with less than 10 ingredients.
Typically bean dip is made with:
- Refried beans
- Cream cheese
- Sour Cream
- Taco Seasoning
- Shredded cheese
To make this a little spicier we’re going to add some diced green chiles. If you want even more heat some diced up jalapeno is good too! Use the pickled diced jalapenos in the cans next to the diced green chiles in the market. Or if you have some jarred sliced jalapenos you can give those a quick dice.
But to keep things quick and easy you can use canned refried beans.
Bean Dip in the Slow Cooker
With this being possibly the best potluck or tailgating snack food, of course you may want to make this recipe in the slow cooker (affiliate)!
To do that you will still prep all of the ingredients and mix them together, then add to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 2 hours on high. This lets you easily transport the dip or to keep it warm during a party.
Just remember to always add the toppings right before serving. So if using a slow cooker, have the toppings you want in a separate storage container and sprinkle them on top when you set up. Keep the slow cooker on warm until heat isn’t needed any longer.
More Snack/Appetizer Recipes:
If you tried this recipe please leave a comment and a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below! Thank you so much!
Spicy Bean Dip
- 1 8 ounce pkg cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 16 ounce cans refried beans
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 7 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 packet taco seasoning, homemade taco seasoning recipe here
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp cilantro , chopped
- ¼ cup jalapenos, pickled
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine Dip Ingredients: In a large bowl add the softened cream cheese and sour cream together. Stir together until well combined, might be slightly lumpy. Add in the refried beans and stir together.
- Add in 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Stir.
- Add in the diced green chiles and taco seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Add to Baking Dish: Spread the mixture into a 2-quart baking dish. Smooth out the top. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Bake: 25-30 minutes until the cheese on top is fully melted.
- Toppings: Remove from oven and top with any optional toppings desired. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Refried Beans: this recipe can be made using canned beans or homemade refried beans.
- Chiles: diced green chiles are fairly mild. For more heat add some chopped pickled jalapeños.
- Slow Cooker Option: prep all of the ingredients minus the toppings and mix them together, then add to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 2 hours on high.
- Toppings: should always be added just before serving.