This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Caramel Apple Cookies. These easy to make, soft cookies are bursting with bits of fresh apple and chewy caramel.
These Caramel Apple Cookies are the perfect Fall dessert. Loaded up with spices, fresh apple, and little bits of gooey caramel. Using the caramel bits makes this recipe super easy to toss together, and keeps a good consistency of the caramel after the cookies cool down. These cookies won’t get rock hard!
How To Bake with Apples?
Baking with apples is easy! My favorite for baking with is Granny Smith. They are firm and have a wonderful tart flavoring that lends well to baking. The end product will still have chunks of apple (not mush) and the tartness helps keep the food from being overly sweet.
You can of course bake with other types of apples. Other apples that hold up well in baking include: Jonathan, Braeburn, Honeycrisp, Jonagolds and Pink Ladys.
Just remember for these cookies you want to peel the apples and then dice the apples fairly small. The smaller the better so that the dough can hold together and each bite is enjoyable!
What is Apple Pie Spice?
This recipe calls for Apple Pie Spice. It’s a blend of spices that you would typically find in an apple pie. And if you don’t have a little bottle of it readily available in your spice cabinet, of course you can make your own blend!
It’s a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cardamom. There’s a recipe here at Betty Crocker. I’ve also seen recipes that include a little bit of ginger too for a little zip.
More Apple Recipes:
More Cookie Recipes:
WANT TO TRY THESE CARAMEL APPLE COOKIES?
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Caramel Apple Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In small mixing bowl combine the flour and baking soda, salt, and apple pie spice set aside.
- In mixing bowl add room temperature butter and sugars. Beat with medium speed to cream them together. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and continue to beat with medium speed until completely combined.
- Add in the flour mixture slowly, half at a time mixing with low speed each time until combined.
- Fold in the chopped apples and caramel bits. Recipe works best if the apple is diced into small pieces.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with cooking spray, or parchment paper. Place about a tablespoon of dough on the sheet.
- Bake for approximately 14 minutes. Allow to cool on the sheet for 5 minutes then remove to continue cooling on a wire rack.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.