These brown butter chocolate chip cookies are loaded with toffee bits and pretzels creating the perfect blend of sweet and salty to satisfy any craving!
The dessert recipes continue with these Brown Butter Toffee & Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies. That is a mouthful isn’t it? But I wanted to make sure you know just how much flavor is in these cookies.
And if you’re needing a break from the traditional Sugar Cookies then these may be just the thing for you!
The best thing about these cookies is the brown butter. Possibly the best addition that can be added to most baked goods. It adds a toasted, nutty flavor to the cookies. The toffee and pretzel pieces add the perfect balance of sweet and salty. And of course, the chocolate chips are in there too. Now you can see why I had to call these Brown Butter Toffee & Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies. Every single thing is just too important to be left out!
Tips & Tricks for these Brown Butter Toffee & Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Chill the cookie dough to make the cookies fluffier, they won’t spread as much when the dough starts out cold. Due to the butter being melted, the dough is very soft when first mixed together.
- Add extra chocolate chips and pretzels to the dough once scooped onto the cookie sheet, this helps make the top of the cookie pretty!
Brown Butter Toffee & Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Place butter in small saucepan and cook over medium heat until a golden brown color with a nutty smell. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Add sugars to mixing bowl, pour in the cooled brown butter and mix until combined. Add in the egg and vanilla extract, mix on low speed until combined.
- In medium size bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix on low speed until dough is just combined. Fold in the toffee, chocolate chips and pretzel pieces.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare baking sheet with baking spray or parchment paper. Spoon dough onto the cookie sheet using a cookie scoop or tablespoon.
- Bake for approzimately 8 minutes or until golden on edges.