Have you ever had a secret that you wanted to shout from the rooftops?! That’s how I feel about this Secretly Healthy Potato Soup.
This is one of those good secrets that you just can’t keep to yourself and you know that others NEED to know about it, because it will change lives. In a drastic and positive way.
Yes. This potato soup will change lives.
Can I tell you the secret?
This ultra creamy potato soup, has NO cream in it. Let me give you a moment to process that. NO CREAM. So why is it so creamy you ask? Because I know you.. and I know you’re truly wondering, how is this soup so utterly creamy without cream. Maybe she just mixed up some milk and flour? Nope.
No milk. No flour. In fact, other than the cheese that I put on top (because let’s face it I have to have some fun in my life) there is no dairy in this soup.
At this point you’re probably thinking to yourself, she’s lost it. She’s gone off the deep end. I mean, look at this soup. It’s obviously creamy. But no dairy? What type of magic is this?
Ok, the secret. Have you guess yet? It’s cauliflower. That’s right. This soup is made with a cauliflower puree, loaded up with chunks of potato. Seasoned with some onion and garlic. And that’s pretty much it. Coming in at about 170 calories per bowl, loaded with sneaky veggies, this little bowl of comfort is basically the best thing since Netflix. Even better? The kids love it.
More Soup Recipes:
- If you’re looking for an ultra creamy, fully loaded Potato Soup I have that too!!
- Leftover Ham Bone Soup
- Easy Chili Recipe
- Roasted Red Pepper Soup
WANT TO TRY THIS SECRETLY HEATLY POTATO SOUP?
PIN IT NOW!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!Print
Secretly Healthy Potato Soup
This Potato Soup is smooth and creamy. Loaded with chunks of potato. Plus it’s secretly healthy, made with no milk or cream!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound diced potatoes (approximately 2 medium size russet potatoes)
- Add olive oil to a large pot and heat over medium heat. Add in the onion and garlic. Stir and cook for about 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Add in the cauliflower, chicken stock and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the cauliflower is soft and easily mashed.
- Using an immersion blender (or transferring over to a blender or food processor ) blend until no lumps remain.
- Add in the diced potato (I left the skin on one potato and peeled the other one. I like the rustic look and feel of the skins being left on. Completely a personal preference though).
- Cover and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes until the potatoes are soft and tender.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with any additional toppings you desire! Cheese and bacon are my favorite, but you could also do sour cream and green onion.
This is a dairy free recipe. I just have mine topped with cheese, but it’s definitely not required.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 175
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Protein: 7 g
Feeling in the mood to put on some slippers, a sweater and eat soup?
Check out these other soup recipes:
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Chile Relleno Soup
- Slow Cooker King Ranch Chicken Soup
- 30 Minute Beer Cheese Soup