This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup! This soup is ultra creamy, ultra flavorful, and best part? There’s no actual cream or butter used! This is the perfect lighter version of a classic comfort food.
WANT TO TRY THIS SLOW COOKER CREAMY CHICKEN AND WILD RICE SOUP?
PIN IT to your DINNER, SOUP or SLOW COOKER Board to SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup (No cream or butter!!)
- Place the chicken, frozen vegetables, diced onion, chicken broth, wild rice, and seasonings (salt, rosemary, bay leaves, and garlic powder) into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat for 7 hours or high heat for 3.5 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place on a plate, shred with two forks and add back to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine the cornstarch and water, stir to combine until smooth and silky. Add the cornstarch mixture and evaporated milk to the slow cooker.
- Continue cooking on high for an additional 30 minutes or low for an additional 40 minutes until soup is thick and creamy.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.