This Queso Blanco is loaded with fresh pico de gallo and pork chorizo making it perfect for dipping!
So, ya’ll know that I moved to Texas recently. I’m trying out the phrase ya’ll. I’m not so sure about it coming from me yet. I figure maybe I just need more practice with it?
Anyway. We’ve had a couple get togethers with friends already. And what I’ve noticed is that queso is always a requirement. When planning I would ask for people to bring a salad, or a side dish, or something to drink. It never fails. Someone asks “Who’s bringing the queso?!”
Our first get together we had at our house I was actually told that I couldn’t provide the queso because I would do it wrong. Point taken. Texans take their queso seriously. Or at least all of my friends do.
The base for this queso is the Velveeta Queso Blanco. But of course it is doctored up.
With some fresh pico de gallo.
Umm hello! So yum.
Then we added in some pork chorizo. Which just completes it.
If you’re not a fan of the chorizo you can of course omit it. There won’t be as much flavor though, so you may need to add some additional spice.
We like our queso to be nice and smooth, not so thick. So we added some water to ours. Typically when it’s made with canned tomatoes and green chilis theres a lot of juice that gets mixed in to thin it out. With the pico there is juice but not as much. So a little bit of water thinned it out perfectly. And didn’t affect the taste at all.
This is a queso worthy of gracing our table here in Texas when we have friends over. My goal is that they will now allow me to make it when they’re coming over!
THANKS SO MUCH FOR VISITING! NEVER MISS A RECIPE FROM THE HOUSE OF YUMM!Print
This Queso Blanco is loaded with fresh pico de gallo and pork chorizo making it perfect for dipping
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 16 ounces of Velveeta Queso Blanco
- 5 ounces of chorizo cooked
- 1/2 cup of water
Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon diced cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Prepare the Pico de Gallo by combining all ingredients in a bowl and stirring gently with a spoon to combine.
- Cube the queso and place into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for approximately 5-6 minutes or until completely melted. Stop every 1.5-2 minutes to stir.
- Once melted add in the pico and stir to combine. Then spoon in the chorizo. Once the chorizo is stirred and mixed into the queso keep in mind that the queso will have more of an orange color instead of white.
- Add in the water slowly while stirring until you reach your desired consistency. Serve with chips and enjoy!
Some Other Recipes You Might Enjoy 😉