Classic Ground Beef Tacos
Classic Ground Beef Tacos. This classic ground beef recipe is easy to make, and perfect for Taco Tuesday or any day of the week! The best taco meat loaded up on crisp corn tortillas, topped with shredded cheese, tomatoes, sour cream. This is how ground beef tacos are supposed to taste!
Classic Ground Beef Tacos:
One of the easiest ways to feed a family, or just yourself, on a weeknight is to go with a ground beef recipe. It’s inexpensive, easy to cook up, and goes pretty quick. Not to mention these are the absolute BEST tacos.
Best Ever Taco Meat:
This classic ground beef recipe is one of my all time favorites! The best ever taco meat. This is a fairly inexpensive meal to make since ground beef is usually inexpensive to pick up when compared to other cuts of meats that are used for tacos.
I’ve shared my favorite taco meat recipe before and have had rave reviews from everyone who has tried it. Including someone who expressed that “This is the way tacos are supposed to taste!” No more packets needed!
We’re going to use a homemade taco seasoning. I use this seasoning blend for so many things, and one of my favorite is of course using it on ground beef. Adding the tomato sauce adds a bolder depth of flavor.
Frying corn tortillas for tacos
I always fry up corn tortillas for these tacos. I just don’t buy crunchy taco shells, usually because half of them are always broken, and also..I love the taste and texture of fried corn tortillas! My preference is to use White Corn tortillas.
It’s so easy to do too. Just add some corn oil or vegetable oil to a skillet, you don’t need to fill it, just a shallow amount. Heat the oil over medium heat. You will know it’s ready when you slightly dip a tortilla in and it sizzles and bubbles slightly.
Gently place the tortillas in the oil and fry briefly on each side, about 20-30 seconds, just to give a slight color and crispness. When you remove the tortillas from the skillet, then gently fold them over to give a taco shape that will set as they cool. Set the tortillas on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
Just a few ideas, of course you can add whatever you want!
- sour cream
Need some side dishes?
WANT TO TRY THESE CLASSIC GROUND BEEF TACOS?
PIN THEM NOW!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Classic Ground Beef Tacos
Best Ground Beef Taco Meat
Fried Corn Tortillas
- 1/2 cup oil, can use canola or vegetable
- 6 corn tortillas
- Heat large skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef and cook while breaking up. Cook 5-7 minutes, until ground beef is browned and no longer pink.
- Drain the grease, then return the skillet to low heat., Add 1/2 cup tomato sauce and taco seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup oil to a skillet, heat over medium high heat. Carefully dip a tortilla, if the oil sizzles and bubbles then it's hot enough. Gently lay the tortilla in the oil and fry each side for about 30 seconds, just enough to give some color and add some crispness.
- Remove the tortilla to a paper towel to absorb oil, and carefully fold the tortilla over to create a taco shape. I do this with my tongs, or two forks, whatever I'm using to lay the tortillas in the oil and remove them.
- Fill the tortillas with the ground beef taco meat and add desired toppings! Enjoy.