One Pot Taco Pasta! This quick and easy one pot pasta dish is loaded with taco flavor, chunks of juicy beef, tomatoes and cheese!
This easy to make, one pot, 30 minute, taco pasta is perfect for a family dinner! Made with real ingredients and a homemade taco seasoning. This pasta dish is loaded with juicy ground beef, tender noodles, and melty cheese! Control the spice and seasoning to meet your families needs and tastes.
How to make Taco Pasta:
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Add in the diced onion. And cook until the ground beef is browned and onions are soft.
- Drain out excess grease and then stir in the garlic.
- Add the homemade taco seasoning and stir to coat the meat.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and chicken broth.
- Add the macaroni noodles. Stir and press down the noodles to ensure they are fully submerged in the liquid. Otherwise they won’t cook.
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the noodles are cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
Substitutions & Additions:
One of the great things about this recipe is how you can customize it and make it just what you want!
- Some ideas of things you can add: Diced green chiles, diced jalapeno, black beans, pinto beans, corn.
- Some Substitutions you can make: Ground turkey or chicken, shell noodles, different cheese.
Refrigerator: store your leftovers in a sealed container for 5-6 days. Reheat in a skillet or in the microwave.
Freezer: store in a freezer safe container. Allow to cool to room temperature before spooning into the container. Seal and store for 3-4 months. To thaw, place in the refrigerator overnight. Reheat in a skillet.
Other Family Dinner Recipes
One Pot Taco Pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 14 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and break up while browning. When about half of the meat is cooked, add the diced onion and continue to cook until ground beef is browned and onion is translucent.
- Drain any grease and return to heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the seasonings, crushed tomatoes and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer. Pour in the macaroni noodles and stir. Cover and allow to simmer stirring occasionally for about 10-15 minutes until the noodles are softened and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and add in the cheddar cheese. Stir until melted and combined with the pasta.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe first published on March 13, 2018. Republished on January 24, 2020 with new images a video, and an update to the recipe to use more broth.
Made this last night and it was a huge hit! Definitely going into our rotation.
I would suggest adding some diced tomatoes and maybe some peppers. It needed something chunky other than just the elbow pasta
I see cilantro in the picture, but not in the recipe list.
You could add a drained tin of black beans for added protein!
Absolutely! Great idea!