This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe. This family dinner dish only takes 30 MINUTES and ONE POT to make! This ultimate comforting and cheesy meal is so much easier than making a conventional lasagna.
This Skillet Lasagna gives all the comforts of enjoying lasagna without all of the hard prep work!
- No precooking of noodles needed.
- No layering.
- Everything comes together in ONE POT.
How to make Skillet Lasagna:
- Cook Italian Sausage. Depending on your preference you can use a mild or hot sausage. Or switch the sausage out and use a ground beef.
- Make the sauce. In the same skillet once the sausage is almost cooked all the way add in the onion to cook, the garlic. Then add the tomato sauce and seasonings. This is a similar sauce that I use for my Spaghetti & Meatballs recipe. It’s SO quick and easy, but tastes like you’ve been working all day on it!
- Add the noodles. Break apart the lasagna noodles and add into the sauce. Press the noodles into the sauce as much as possible and cook with the lid on to help soften the noodles.
- Stir in cheese. Let the cheese melt throughout the pasta before serving.
- Add a scoop of ricotta when you serve it up. A sprinkling of some fresh parsley. And extra cheese. Of course.
- Stir the noodles frequently to help keep them from sticking together while the pasta cooks.
- Keep the heat medium low, the sauce at a low simmer, and the lid on. This helps the noodles to soften completely in the amount of sauce. There should be no additional liquid needed.
More Easy Dinner Recipes:
Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe (30 Minutes & One Pot!)
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 2 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomato
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¾ pound lasagna noodles broken
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Mozzarella cheese
- Ricotta cheese
- fresh parsley
- Add the ground sausage to a large skillet and cook over medium heat while stirring. Once the sausage is mostly cooked add the diced onion to cook.
- When the onion is translucent and soft and sausage is cooked through add the minced garlic. Cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato sauce and diced tomato to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Add seasonings and stir. Break the lasagna noodles over the skillet and add to the sauce. Press the noodles down as much as possible into the sauce. Cover the pan and allow to simmer over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Once the noodles are softened add in a cup of mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine.
- Serve and top with additional mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, and fresh parsley.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Recipe first published October 11, 2016. Updated May 17, 2020 with new images and video.