Ham and Cheese Croissant Breakfast Casserole. Flaky croissants filled with deli sliced ham, melty provolone and all drenched in a smooth and creamy egg mixture. This is the perfect easy to put together savory breakfast casserole for the family, great for breakfast or dinner!
In the mood for a savory breakfast? These ham and cheese croissants will surely hit the spot! Filled with thinly sliced deli ham and melted provolone cheese, these croissants are baked in a quiche like egg mixture. Serve with some Breakfast Potatoes, Mexican Hot Chocolate or Warm Vanilla Tres Leches drink for a complete treat!
How to make this savory breakfast casserole:
Slice the croissants in half and lay the bottom halves in a greased baking dish. Top with layers of deli ham and provolone cheese. Then layer the tops of the croissants, trying to line up the tops with the bottoms of the croissants so that it’s easier to serve up.
Prepare Egg Mixture:
My favorite method is just like how I make my quiches. It’s a ratio of eggs and milk/cream to get the perfect custard like texture. Add the eggs to the measuring cup, then add the milk to reach a certain measurement. With the amount of eggs used in the recipe we will have a total of 2 cups of liquid.
Pour Egg Mixture over croissants:
Once the egg mixture is combined and thoroughly whisked together, simply pour over the top of the croissants.
Soak & Bake:
Cover and let the casserole soak for at least 30 minutes before baking. This allows the croissants to absorb more of the egg mixture. Sprinkle with a bit of Everything Bagel Seasoning before baking for an additional flavor and a bit of crunch on the top!
Tips & Tricks
- Soaking: this casserole is great when you can let it soak overnight. My preference is to prepare this the night before and let it soak overnight, then bake it in the morning. OR you can prepare it in the morning and let it soak all day and bake it for dinner!
- Layering: do your best to line up the croissant tops to the bottoms, this helps when it comes time to serve. No worries if it’s exact though, thanks to the egg it is very forgiving when you do go to slice and serve.
More Breakfast Recipes:
Breakfast Tacos are quick, easy and ALWAYS a hit!
This Breakfast Strata is loaded with bacon and cheese and can be made the night before, just heat it up the next morning!
This Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Casserole is a fun twist on a classic Tex Mex breakfast dish.
Keep things easy with these Sausage Biscuits!
If you need a truly Texan recipe, these Sausage Kolaches (Klobasneks) are exactly what you’re looking for.
And these Southwestern Breakfast Potatoes are the perfect side dish for any breakfast meal.
Ham and Cheese Croissant Breakfast Casserole
- 3 qt baking dish
- Slice the croissants in half.
- In a 10×7 inch greased baking dish lay the bottom half of the croissants down in a single layer.
- Top with layers of sliced ham and sliced cheese. Top with the tops of the croissants.
- In a large measuring cup add the eggs, then pour the milk until you reach 2 cups of liquid. This will be about 1.5 cups of milk.
- Whisk together until combined.
- Add in the Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, paprika. Whisk together.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the croissants.
- Cover the dish and let soak in the fridge overnight if possible.
If soaking overnight:
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes to let the dish come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Sprinkle the tops of the croissants with the Everything Bagel Seasoning. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake an additional 25 minutes until the egg is cooked through, the edges will look golden, and it won’t jiggle in the center.
If NOT soaking overnight:
- Let the egg mixture soak into the croissants for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Sprinkle the tops of the croissants with the Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 5 minutes to add golden coloring to the tops of the croissants.
Photography by KJandCompany.co