Easy Cheese and Sausage Biscuits! Easy buttermilk breakfast biscuits loaded up with sharp cheddar cheese, crumbled sausage bits and diced jalapeno. These biscuits are hearty enough to be a full meal!
Buttermilk drop biscuits are dressed up with all the fixings to make a complete meal! These biscuits come together quick and easy and are better than those that you would find at a local donut shop!
How to make these Breakfast Sausage Biscuits:
- Cook the sausage & jalapeno: make sure that the sausage is cooked before adding to the biscuit ingredients. For best results lay the cooked sausage on a paper towel to soak up any additional grease before adding to the dough.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients: this can be done with a pastry blender, fork, two butter knives, or with a food processor.
- Add cheese, sausage and jalapeno.
- Stir in buttermilk.
How many biscuits does this recipe make?
This depends on how large you make the biscuits. This recipe will make anywhere from 8-12 biscuits. The bake time for this recipe is determined for making 8 biscuits. Which makes the biscuits rather large. If you are making smaller biscuits, you will want to decrease the bake time.
Other Breakfast recipes:
Easy Cheese and Sausage Biscuits
- In a medium size skillet cook the sausage and the jalapeño together until the sausage is cooked through and the jalapeño is softened.
- Preheat the oven to 425℉ and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and stir with a fork to combine.
- Cut the cold butter into small cubes and add to the flour mixture. Using a pastry blender, forks, or a food processor, cut the butter into the flour until there are no pieces bigger than a pea.
- Add in the cooked sausage, jalapeño, and the cheese. Stir to combine.
- Pour in the buttermilk and stir until mixed.
- Using a large spoon scoop the batter and place on the baking sheet. Leaving the batter not neatly rounded gives a more textured appearance to the biscuits when baked. Batter will make about 8 large biscuits.
- Bake for about 15-16 minutes until the biscuits are baked through. Allow to cool several minutes then remove from the pan and continue to cool on a wire cooling rack.
Recipe first posted on December 1, 2017 updated April 6, 2020 with new images and video. Recipe unchanged.