There is nothing better than sitting down to a big bowl of chili!! Especially when it’s as perfectly tasty as this Turkey Chili is! This is my all time favorite recipe when it comes to chili. I love the ease of my 20 minute Texas Chili, but I think I love the combination of flavors and textures in this chili even more.
It’s the same recipe that I use in my Easy Chili Recipe, except in that version I use ground beef. Which is why I have that video on this post also. It’s the same recipe, except here, we’re using ground Turkey to make it lighter!
How to make Turkey Chili:
This recipe is written to make the chili in a slow cooker . The link I’m sharing is for the slow cooker that I personally use, and I love it. It gives me the ability to set the time and it will automatically switch to warm when the timer is done.
- Cook the meat: even though this is a slow cooker recipe we want to cook the meat first in a skillet. Along with the onions to soften them. Then we can add that to the slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients to the slow cooker. Then we can let this cook together for the rest of the day.
- Add the brown sugar! It helps to cut through some of the acidity of the tomatoes that are included in this chili recipe. If you want to sub for something you could add just a bit of honey instead. You can leave it out also if desired, but it does make a difference when it’s included.
How to make this Turkey Chili on the Stovetop:
The great thing about this recipe is that it can also be made in a large pot on the stovetop. As a 30 minute, one pot meal. Meaning it’s quick, easy and less dishes.
- Add the meat to a large pot or dutch oven. As the turkey is cooking, add the chopped onion to cook also.
- Once the meat is cooked and the onion is softened, drain any excess grease or moisture. Add the garlic and allow it to cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add all the other ingredients. Bring the chili to a simmer and allow to cook for about 10-15 minutes. Serve and top with all your favorite toppings!
More Chili and Soup Recipes:
WANT TO TRY THIS TURKEY CHILI?
PIN IT NOW!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!Print
This crockpot Turkey Chili is so thick and hearty and bursting with flavor. Perfect for cuddling up with on a chilly day.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomato
- 1 7 ounce can of diced green chiles
- 1 15 ounce can of kidney beans (drained)
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans (drained)
- 2 tablespoons Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Toppings (optional) sour cream, cheese, green onion
- Add the ground turkey, and onion to a medium size skillet. Cook over medium heat until the onion is soft and the turkey is completely cooked. Add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and add to the crockpot.
- Add in all the other ingredients, stir to combine. Cook over low heat for 4-6 hours.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 398
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 939 mg
- Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Fiber: 19 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Cholesterol: 53 mg
Keywords: turkey, chili,