White Chicken Chili. This hearty chili is loaded up with chunks of juicy chicken and has a smooth mild flavor with just a hint of heat.
Made with shredded chicken, white beans, diced green Chiles and flavorful spices. If you have shredded chicken on hand already this recipe can be put together start to finish in ONLY 30 MINUTES!
How do you make white chicken chili?
The base for this chili is chicken broth as opposed to a typical tomato or dark red chile base for a red chili. The broth is seasoned with the addition of onion, garlic, jalapeno and green chiles. Plus there’s a hint of cumin added for extra flavor.
This white chili is also loaded up with chunks of juicy chicken and white beans. I’ve made the chili with both Great Northern beans and Navy beans and either bean works wonderfully in this recipe.
How do you make creamy white chili?
There is no milk or cream added too this chili. The creaminess comes from pureeing one of the cans of beans. This adds a thickness to the soup that is creamy and flavorful without the addition of dairy or added calories.
How to shred chicken?
The easiest way to cook and shred the chicken is to season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Pour some olive oil into a hot skillet and cook the chicken for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Then pour some chicken broth into the skillet, just enough to cover the bottom of the skillet and go maybe half way up the chicken breast. Place a lid on the pan and let the chicken cook into the broth on medium heat for about 20-30 minutes. Remove from the pan and the chicken will easily shred.
Other hearty soup recipes that will warm from the inside:Print
This white chicken chili is loaded up with chunks of juicy chicken and has a smooth mild flavor with just a hint of heat.
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 jalapeno chopped
- 2 cups shredded chicken, or 3 chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 15 ounce cans white beans (drained)
- 11 ounces of diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add in the shredded chicken and the chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Drain two cans of beans and add to the pot. Drain the third can of beans and using a food processor (affiliate link) blend the beans until they are a thick paste. Add this to the pot.
- Add in the chopped jalapeno, green chilies and the seasonings.
- Cover and let the pot simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Garnish the salsa with toppings such as cheese, sour cream, cilantro, jalapenos, salsa. And enjoy!
- Calories: 388
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Protein: 37 g
- Cholesterol: 47 mg