Sugar Cookie Cups! EASY to make cookie cups topped with a smooth and creamy SUGAR COOKIE FROSTING! Perfect Christmas treat!
I’ve already told you guys one of my favorite Christmas memories from my childhood when I shared my Sugar Cookie recipe. Sadly, I don’t always have the time to spend decorating them though. For being so little my 2 year old and 8 month old are very demanding on my time lately. A treat that I have found I can make quickly that always impresses and makes people happy are cookie cups!
These cookie cups are definite winners! Sugar cookies topped with Frosted Sugar Cookie frosting?! Genius! Even better, I made the frosting using one of my favorite coffee creamers. Have you done that before?? So fun. You can make your frosting taste like pretty much whatever you want..well..within reason. And the flavors available in coffee creamer, I guess. I used International Delight Frosted Sugar Cookie coffee creamer for my frosting. And then poured a bunch into my coffee and enjoyed both a Sugar Cookie Cup, and my cup of coffee.
If you’re looking for the fun festive flavors I found mine at Target. Did you know Target has an app called Cartwheel? You can download it onto your smart phone and save money while shopping. They have a 5% off coupon for International Delight Coffee Creamers available from 12/1/15-12/24/15. I love this app, there’s even a feature where you can scan whatever you have in your cart and it will pull up the coupons available. This is one way you can make sure you’re saving as much money as you can. I’ve been using this app for a couple years myself.
These were a definite win in our house. The fun of making cookies with the kids, super cute, and not as much time spent on decorating them. Plus there’s still the fun of getting sprinkles EVERYWHERE!
I hope you enjoy the recipe! You can follow along with me and never miss a recipe by signing up for my newsletter. Follow me on Instagram and tag #houseofyumm so I can see all the HOY recipes you make. And if you want to follow along in my everyday life on snapchat (username: houseofyumm) 💜Print
Sugar Cookie Cups! EASY to make cookie cups topped with a smooth and creamy SUGAR COOKIE FROSTING! Perfect Christmas treat
- Sugar Cookie dough (store bought mix or homemade)
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons International Delight Frosted Sugar Cookie Coffee Creamer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a mini muffin tin with non stick baking spray. Set it aside.
- Prepare the sugar cookie dough. Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon scoop the sugar cokie dough into the tins. Using the back of the spoon press the dough into the tin.
- Bake for 9-10 mins. The center will still seem slightly doughy. Press in the center with the back of the spoon again to create a crater in the middle, making the cup shape. Allow the cookie cups to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then remove to continue cooling on a wire rack.
- Add the butter to mixing bowl. Beat over high speed until creamy.
- Spoon in the powdered sugar and mix on low speed. Slowly add in the International Delight Frosted Sugar Coffee Creamer.
- Mix over medium speed until mixture is smooth and forming peaks.
- Add to piping bag and pipe onto cooled cookie cups. I used a Wilton 2D tip.
- Top with sprinkles! Serve and enjoy.
If preparing ahead of time leave the cookie cups un-frosted and in a sealed container 2-3 days. Frosting can be kept in sealed bag in the refrigerator until piped onto the cookie cups.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of WhiteWave Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.20