This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Ultimate Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip is loaded up with juicy, tender bites of chicken seasoned with spices and enchilada sauce. All in a creamy, cheesy dip perfect for serving with tortilla chips! This easy to make dip is a definite crowd pleaser!
Why we Love this Chicken Enchilada Dip…
- Bold and Flavorful: with the combination of spices and rich, spicy enchilada sauce, this dip is full of bold flavorings reminiscent of our favorite Chicken Enchiladas.
- Quick and Easy: with shredded chicken on hand, this dip comes together super quick and easy. Simple ingredients and only a few steps are needed to create this crowd pleasing dip!
- Perfect for parties: in need of some game day snacks, or appetizers for a get together or party? This is a satisfying dip! It’s nice and hearty with bold flavorings. Serve with some tortilla chips and this cream cheese dip will quickly disappear. (If you need more hearty dips, be sure to check out this Rotel Dip also!)
Ingredients You Need
Notes on Some Ingredients
- Chicken: save time and use a rotisserie chicken, or you can easily make your own shredded chicken using this Shredded Mexican Chicken recipe. (If you make the chicken using the recipe on this site, you won’t need to add the additional seasoning to the chicken called for in this recipe!)
- Enchilada Sauce: use your favorite store bought or use a homemade enchilada sauce.
- Shredded Cheese: use a combination of shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack, or use a pepper jack to spice things up.
How to Make
- Heat the chicken in the skillet you will be using to serve the dip (this recipe can be made and served all in one skillet!). Season with the spices and stir together. Add in the cream cheese and stir together while the cream cheese melts.
- Drizzle half of the enchilada sauce and add half of the shredded cheese to the chicken mixture, stir to combine.
- Top the dip with the remaining cheese and sauce. Bake until cheese is melted and dip is bubbling along the edges of the skillet.
- Chicken: Save time by using rotisserie chicken. Or pre-cook and shred some chicken to have on hand for making this dip.
- Toppings: use any toppings you enjoy with your enchiladas! A swirl of sour cream, scoop of guacamole, some fresh pico de gallo, fresh diced cilantro and green onion.
- Variations: want to add some more ”filling” options? Some ideas include: black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, green chiles, jalapeño, onion, garlic. You can also switch the chicken for ground beef or some shredded beef, or simply leave out the meat for a meatless option.
Slow Cooker Version
Want to make and keep this creamy chicken enchilada dip in a slow cooker to have set out during a party or potluck? This is an easy switch!
- Combine the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Stir to combine and switch to a keep warm setting.
Commonly Asked Questions
This enchilada dip can be frozen, prepare according to the recipe, store in a sealed, freezer safe container. To thaw, remove to the refrigerator overnight. Reheat in the oven.
Yes, this enchilada dip can easily be made in advance, stored in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 3 days and then reheated in the oven or in the slow cooker.
This enchilada dip makes a wonderful filling for quesadillas or taquitos.
More Dip Recipes:
If you tried this recipe please leave a comment and a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below! Thank you so much!
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1 (10 ounce can) mild red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups jack and cheddar cheese shredded
- cilantro diced
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat medium (10-12 inch) cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and spices. Stir together to coat the chicken. Continue heating until chicken is warmed through.
- Add the cream cheese to the skillet and stir into the chicken as it melts from the heat.
- Pour half of the enchilada sauce, and 1 cup of shredded cheese into the chicken mixture. Stir together to combine
- Top the chicken mixture with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese and then drizzle with the remaining enchilada sauce.
- Carefully place the skillet in the oven and bake 10-15 minutes until cheese is completely melted and edges of the skillet is bubbling.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and sour cream.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Photography by the talented KJandCompany.co
great dish, love these flavors, and a nice alternative to gound beef in this kind of dish, although I love ground beef too, but chicken is also nice with cream cheese and jack and cheddar cheese, so thank you