This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole. This comforting rice casserole is loaded with hearty bits of chicken, green enchilada sauce, cheese and tender bits of mexican rice.
This chicken enchilada rice casserole is bursting with classic mexican flavors.
How Do I Make A Chicken Rice Casserole?
This casserole comes together fairly easily. Since we’re using Mexican Rice, the rice is cooked ahead of time. You can either follow the recipe I have for making homemade mexican rice or use a store bought rice. Whichever method works out best for you.
We’ll also use some shredded chicken. If you plan out your meals in advance you can cook and shred the chicken ahead of time and have it on hand for the recipe. Or you can use a rotisserie chicken if needed to speed things up on a busy night. Instructions on how to cook and shred chicken are included in the recipe below.
To make the casserole we will be combining all of the ingredients together in a casserole dish. Pouring enchilada sauce over the top and baking.
This dish is made to feed a large family or a crowd! It’s very filling and perfect for bringing to potlucks or making for when you are planning on having guests for dinner.
More Mexican Comfort Food Recipes:
Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- ¼ cup water
- 4 tbsp taco seasoning
- 5 cups mexican rice cooked
- 1 4 ounce can olives
- ½ cup green onion chopped
- 1 (15 ounce can) black beans
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 cup green chile enchilada sauce
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In medium pan cook the chicken with the water and taco seasoning over medium heat until heated through.
- Prepare the mexican rice.
- Combine the chicken, rice, green onion, cilantro, beans, and 1 cup of cheese into a casserole dish (I used a 9x11). Stir until mixed.
- Pour the green chile enchilada sauce over the top and cover with foil.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes. Remove the foil, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with some tomato, avocado, and sour cream.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.