This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Banana Split Cookies are soft, chewy banana pudding cookies loaded with chocolate chips, sprinkles and maraschino cherries. All the flavors of a banana split in one delightful little cookie!
All about these Banana Split Cookies:
- Pudding: these cookies are made with pudding, which means they are incredibly moist and tender.
- Banana: thanks to using a banana flavored pudding, these cookies come out with an intense banana flavor!
- Fun: adding chocolate chips, maraschino cherries and rainbow sprinkles turns these regular pudding cookies into something fun and special that everyone will love!
Banana Pudding Cookie Ingredients
- Butter: Unsalted butter softened to room temperature.
- Light Brown Sugar: this helps sweeten and adds moisture to the cookies.
- Sugar: regular white sugar for sweetness.
- Banana Creme Instant Pudding Mix: we’re just using the powder, not preparing the pudding. Be sure you use the instant pudding and not one that requires cooking.
- Eggs: large eggs at room temperature.
- All Purpose Flour: provides structure.
- Baking Soda: this helps the cookies rise during baking.
- Salt: to help balance the sweetness and enhance flavors.
- Chocolate Chips: semi sweet
- Maraschino Cherries: patted dry and roughly chopped.
- Sprinkles: Rainbow jimmies are the classic.
Tips for making the best cookies
- Cream the butter and sugar: let these cream together for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy, this is putting air pockets into the dough which will help the cookies bake up nice and soft.
- Do not prepare the pudding: we are only using the dry powder in this recipe, there is no need to prepare the pudding ahead of time.
- Use a cookie scoop: this helps ensure that all of your cookies are a similar size which helps them to bake evenly.
- Decorate the top of the cookie with extra sprinkles and chocolate chips before baking. This helps your cookies come out beautiful.
More Banana Recipes
- Southern Banana Pudding From Scratch
- Buttermilk Banana Bread
- Banana Crumb Cake
- Banana Pudding Ice Cream
Banana Split Cookies
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce package) Banana creme pudding (not prepared)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries patted dry, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- In mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugars. Let mix for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the pudding mix, vanilla and the eggs. Mix on medium speed until combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and continue to mix on low speed until fully combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Make sure the cherries have been patted and dried with a paper towel and fold them into the dough. Stir as little as possible at this point.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough and place on the baking sheet leaving space between for slight spreading.
- Bake for about 9-10 minutes, just until the edges start to turn golden, then remove from the oven. Leave the cookies on the pan for an additional 5 minutes to cool. Then remove to a cooling rack to continue cooling. Store in an air tight container.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.