This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Baked Chicken Taquitos. These taquitos have a creamy, cheesy chicken filling that is perfectly seasoned! Plus baking taquitos makes it easy to make a large batch with much less mess!
Family dinner time requires quick and easy! These chicken taquitos fit that requirement.
- Grab a bag of shredded rotisserie chicken from the market to help make prep work super easy!
- Or pre-shred the chicken so it’s ready to go at dinner time. If you need a recipe here’s a great one (Mexican Shredded Chicken)
- Baking the taquitos allows you to make a large batch of them at the same time, and reduces the clean up from frying.
Breakdown of Baked Chicken Taquitos Filling:
- Shredded Chicken: save some time and use rotisserie! I will even snag bags of pre-shredded rotisserie chicken from the market.
- Sour Cream: creates a nice creamy texture to the filling.
- Shredded cheese: this melts as they cook.
- Chili Powder & Smoked Paprika: the combination of the two adds the perfect amount of heat and smokey flavor.
- Garlic Powder & onion powder: my favorite flavor combo!
- Ground cumin: gives a classic mexican flavor to the filling.
- Salt & pepper: add more or less to taste. Depending on what kind of shredded chicken you use, the chicken might already have salt added, so don’t over do it.
How to Bake Taquitos:
The classic method to cook taquitos is to fry them. However, baking is a great option! It allows you make a large batch all at once, instead of frying in batches. Plus the process is a bit easier and a lighter work load. It’s a great option when making taquitos for family dinner.
- Roll the tortillas with the filling.
- Place on the baking tray with the seam side down. This helps them hold their shape.
- Brush with oil before baking, I prefer avocado oil. But you can use extra virgin olive oil or canola oil if that’s what you have.
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes until the tortillas are crisp and slightly browned on the edges.
More Tex Mex Recipes:
Baked Chicken Taquitos
- 24 white corn tortillas (6 inch size)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil can sub with vegetable, canola, or extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a large baking sheet with baking spray/oil or line with parchment paper or foil and spray or brush with cooking oil. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl combine the shredded chicken, sour cream, seasonings, and cheese. Stir together.
- Heat the tortillas briefly either in microwave or on the stovetop, this helps them be flexible. Then add about 2-3 tablespoons of filling to the tortilla, and roll. Place on baking sheet with the seam side down.
- Brush the rolled taquitos with the oil.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the tortillas are crisp and starting to brown on the edges.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.