Italian Chop Salad
Italian Chop Salad. This salad is fully loaded up with chunks of meat, cheese, red onion, pepperoncinis, tomatoes, chickpeas and fresh herbs! All drizzled with a zesty homemade Italian dressing.
This easy to make Italian Chop Salad is fully loaded. Diced salami, fresh mozzarella, red onion, juicy tomatoes, and more. All drizzled with a zesty, herb loaded homemade Italian dressing. This salad is cold, easy to put together, and perfect for a hot day.
How to make an Italian Chop Salad:
- Make the dressing: the Homemade Italian Dressing, is quick to mix together. Store in a jar and give a shake before drizzling on the salad.
- Prepare the add-ins: chop and dice all of the ingredients. Keep the ingredients a uniform size to create an easier eating experience.
- Toss together: Mix it all up and drizzle with the dressing!
Variations and Substitutions:
- Add extra vegetables: add any of your favorite veggies! Some ideas include:
- bell pepper
- artichoke hearts
- Add extra meats: add any meat you would prefer. Pepperoni, chicken, steak, or pork.
- Dairy Free: simply omit the cheese from the salad and from the dressing.
- Meat Free: omit the salami. Maybe add some additional chick peas to increase the protein in the salad.
Dice the red onion first and let it soak in some dressing while preparing the rest of the ingredients. This helps soften the raw “bite” of the onion in the salad.
More Salad Recipes:
Italian Chop Salad
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup genoa salami, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced (soaked in dressing)
- ½ cup pepperoncini, sliced
- 1 cup chickpeas
- ½ cup olives, sliced
- fresh parsley, diced
- parmesan, freshly grated
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- Layer chopped lettuce and all other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss together the ingredients.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad as desired. Serve immediately.