Antipasto Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette! The perfect side dish to go along with your Italian meals, loaded with artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, olives, pepperoni, and fresh mozzarella! Not to mention drizzled with an easy to make vinaigrette made with pantry items!
Antipasto Salad. Maybe my new favorite. It’s loaded up with veggies, meat, cheese, peppers and all topped with an easy to make vinaigrette. What’s not to love? Plus did I mention that this salad is the perfect side dish to go along with all your Italian meals?
Anyone else obsessed with pasta and lasagna?
It’s a running joke in our house, whenever I ask my husband a question his answer is always.. Lasagna!
Not even joking. That’s his answer. To everything I ask him, not even food related questions, things like “What time is it?” “Lasagna!!”
Why? Well, he loves lasagna.
Do I make lasagna? No. I don’t have time for all of that (unless it’s this 30 Minute Skillet Lasagna!). Which is why he always brings it up.
I used a ton of chopped romaine, topped with some pepperoncini, marinated artichoke hearts, and roasted red peppers. All things that you can just open from a can or jar. Just make sure you pat them dry before putting in your salad. Plus I used a variety of olives. I had green olives and jumbo black olives. You can also add some kalamata olives, or really whatever kind you prefer.
I added some chopped cherry tomatoes, red onion, pepperoni, and fresh mozzarella. A sprinkling of some fresh parsley added a lovely fresh flavor to the salad as well.
The vinaigrette is simple to put together, some extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and salt and pepper. That’s it. Seriously. It’s the easiest salad to put together.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce , chopped
- ½ cup red onion , sliced
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- ½ cup jumbo black olives , halved
- ½ cup green olives halved
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 14 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
- ½ cup dried pepperoni, chopped
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella, chopped
- 5 whole pepperoncinis
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add the ingredients for the Red Wine Vinaigrette to a medium size jar. Tighten the lid. Shake the ingredients together to mix. Pour over salad and toss!
More Easy Dinner Recipes for You to Enjoy!