This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Homemade Italian Dressing. This zesty vinaigrette salad dressing is loaded with herbs! Perfect for drizzling on salads, vegetables, pasta salads, or using as a marinade.
This homemade Italian Dressing is possibly the BEST salad dressing around. It’s zesty, tangy, and super easy to whisk together. This dressing is perfect for:
- drizzling over your side salad
- adding to a fully loaded Italian Chop Salad
- dressing a Pasta Salad
- spooning over some fresh veggies to make a crisp summer side dish
How to Make Italian Dressing:
Making homemade dressings is ridiculously easy to make. My personal preference is to add all of the ingredients to a jar so that I can shake things together, and store in the refrigerator if needed.
- Combine the liquid ingredients.
- Add in herbs and seasonings.
- Whisk together. Or close jar and shake.
- Oil: extra virgin olive oil is a great option, another option would be to use an avocado oil.
- Vinegar: white wine or a red wine vinegar
- Honey: is essential to balance out the vinegar in the dressing. Can also use sugar if needed.
- Lemon juice: adds a fresh bit of citrus.
- Parmesan: use freshly grated parmesan cheese, not the stuff in the green bottle.
- Herbs: use either fresh or dried. Amounts for both are included in the recipe card.
- Garlic & Onion powder
- Salt & Pepper
More Salad Dressing Recipes:
Homemade Italian Dressing
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil (120 ml)
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar (60 ml)
- 2 tsp honey (10 ml) or sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (15 ml)
- 3 tbsp parmesan freshly grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼-½ tsp crushed red pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl or jar. Whisk or shake to combine.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.