Homemade Italian Dressing. This zesty vinaigrette salad dressing is loaded with herbs! Perfect for drizzling on salads, vegetables, pasta salads, or using as a marinade.
This homemade Italian Dressing is possibly the BEST salad dressing around. It’s zesty, tangy, and super easy to whisk together. This dressing is perfect for:
- drizzling over your side salad
- adding to a fully loaded Italian Chop Salad
- dressing a Pasta Salad
- spooning over some fresh veggies to make a crisp summer side dish
How to Make Italian Dressing:
Making homemade dressings is ridiculously easy to make. My personal preference is to add all of the ingredients to a jar so that I can shake things together, and store in the refrigerator if needed.
- Combine the liquid ingredients.
- Add in herbs and seasonings.
- Whisk together. Or close jar and shake.
- Oil: extra virgin olive oil is a great option, another option would be to use an avocado oil.
- Vinegar: white wine or a red wine vinegar
- Honey: is essential to balance out the vinegar in the dressing. Can also use sugar if needed.
- Lemon juice: adds a fresh bit of citrus.
- Parmesan: use freshly grated parmesan cheese, not the stuff in the green bottle.
- Herbs: use either fresh or dried. Amounts for both are included in the recipe card.
- Garlic & Onion powder
- Salt & Pepper
More Salad Dressing Recipes:
Homemade Italian Dressing
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, (120 ml)
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar, (60 ml)
- 2 tsp honey, (10 ml) or sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, (15 ml)
- 3 tbsp parmesan, freshly grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼-½ tsp crushed red pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl or jar. Whisk or shake to combine.