This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Agua de fresas with milk. This sweet creamy strawberry drink is cold and refreshing. Plus it’s made with real strawberries!
This agua de fresas is SO quick and easy to make. It’s as simple as blending fresh strawberries with milk and water. This is a homemade version of a classic drink that is available at most Mexican or Tex Mex restaurants in Texas. This recipe is great as a baseline, but it’s so easy to adjust amounts and sweetness to make this drink just how you like.
What is Agua de fresas?
Literally translated it would be strawberry water. But this drink is SO much more!! With the addition of cream and milk this drink becomes a strawberries and cream drink. It’s a popular drink that you will find served at Mexican or Tex Mex restaurants or street vendors.
How to make this Mexican Strawberry Milk:
- Clean and Dice strawberries.
- Blend 3/4 of strawberries with water.
- Add sweetened condensed milk & whole milk.
- Pour into a pitcher filled with ice and remaining diced strawberries.
- Start with a lower amount of sweetened condensed milk and add as needed for desired sweetness. Can add up to a full 14 ounce can if desired. It all depends in how sweet the strawberries are. Sometimes they are so ripe you don’t need a lot of sugar.
- Strain the blended strawberries if desired for a smoother drink, it helps get rid of any tiny seeds left over.
- If drink seems thick stir in a bit more water.
- To make this drink creamier swap out some of the milk for a can of evaporated milk.
This Agua de fresas con Leche can be stored in a pitcher or container in the refrigerator for 3 days. If storing in the fridge don’t add ice to the container so that the drink doesn’t become watered down. Simply pour over ice in cups when serving.
More Recipes Like This:
Agua de fresas (with milk!)
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1½ cup water filtered, cold
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups whole milk (can sub with evaporated milk)
- Clean and dice strawberries.
- Add 3/4 of the diced strawberries and the water to a blender. Blend until smooth. Strain this mixture if needed.
- Add milk and sweetened condensed milk. Pulse in blender or stir together until combined. Add more condensed milk if needed for sweetness.
- Add ice and remaining diced strawberries to a pitcher. Pour strawberry milk into the pitcher.
- Serve immediately. Or if storing in refrigerator, leave ice out of the pitcher and simply store the agua de fresas in the pitcher and serve in cups filled with ice.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.