Virgin Lava Flow Slush! Enjoy the tropical flavors of pineapple, coconut and banana swirled with strawberry in this frosty and slushy drink! Feel free to add a little rum if desired! The perfect summertime drink!
Hello there 90 degree weather (which according my phone “feels like 106)! At least here in Texas. I walked outside yesterday and immediately regretted the decision and wanted to go back inside to my air conditioned home. I know it’s just going to get hotter. I’m aware. I think I’m just a little more sensitive to it given the fact that I’m 8 months preggo. But I happen to have found the perfect little summertime drink that also happens to be safe for the little bun in the oven too! These Virgin Lava Flow Slushes!
The best thing about these slushes is that they are made using real fruit and real juices. There is a bit of sugar to sweeten the strawberries a bit, but you could cut it out or switch to an agave or something instead to sweeten.
For the cream of coconut, I typically snag a can of Goya brand coconut cream from the market. The best way I’ve heard it described is that cream of coconut is to coconut milk what sweetened condensed milk is to milk. But with coconut! So it’s only about one million times better!
And of course, if desired you can definitely add a splash or two of rum in here. Making it the perfect summertime cocktail! Adult and kid versions!
More Summer Time Treats:
(Virgin) Lava Flow Slush and Recipe Video!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4
Pineapple Coconut Slush
- 1 cup ice
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup ice
- 2 lb strawberries cored and diced
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- fresh pineapple
- In a blender add the ingredients for the pineapple slush. Blend until smooth. Pour the slush into another container and place in freezer. (if slush is too runny you can add more ice or place the slush into the freezer for about 15-20 minutes until desired consistency)
- Wash out the blender and then add the ingredients for the strawberry slush. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the pineapple slush into glasses and top with the strawberry slush. Top with garnish if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
WANT TO TRY THIS LAVA FLOW SLUSH?!
PIN IT to your DRINKS, or FROZEN TREATS Board to SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!