Who feels like they sometimes just need a vacation? I mean, I love my children, every single one of them. But by the end of the day I find myself daydreaming about sitting all by myself on a beach sipping on a frosty, refreshing Pina Colada. This Pina Colada is super simple to make and definitely frosty and refreshing. So at least I’m part way there. Plus it is alcohol free, so I suppose the kids could just join in and it would be like a family vacation right? If they’re busy sipping on these Pina Coladas then I should be able to squeeze out a few minutes of peace and quiet. Just kidding…I would never feed my kids snacks just to have them be quiet….
As I said these are only three ingredients, but one of those ingredients is ice, so I really don’t think that counts! Basically we only need two things here. Some pineapple juice and cream of coconut. You want to make sure when you get the cream of coconut that you aren’t trying to be health conscious and getting a sugar free or fat free version. Otherwise I can’t guarantee how tasty your drink will be. I usually find mine in a can in the Hispanic food aisle, or any Hispanic market should have it.
Still hungry? Sign up for the House of Yumm Newsletter for a delicious serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow House of Yumm on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes and updatesPrint
Enjoy the flavors of the tropics at home with this Virgin Pina Colada. Only three ingredients and a few minutes until you can be sipping, relaxing, and pretending you’re on vacation!
- 1 cup cream of coconut (usually found in a can by the Hispanic foods)
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice (I used canned juice)
- 2 cups ice
- Optional garnishes – Maraschino cherries and pineapple chunks
- Open the cream of coconut and stir, it will be slightly separated in the can. Once combined, pour 1 cup into a small mixing bowl. Add in the pineapple juice. Stir to combine.
- Add the ice to a blender or food processor and run for 3-4 minutes, pour in the juice and continue to blend for another minute until you have a slushy consistency.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy! Garnish with cherries and pineapples as desired.
More Recipes to Cool Down With:105