Strawberry Pancakes topped with a luscious cream cheese glaze and fresh cut strawberries
You know that moment when you take a bite of something and that “mmmmm” sound escapes? Exactly. That’s what happened when I bit into this stack of pancakes right here. I love pancakes. Such a fun and easy meal. And not just for breakfast. I’m a big fan of breakfast for dinner, or in the case of these I would consider this a lovely breakfast for dessert meal.
The pancakes themselves alone were tasty. Made with chopped up strawberries and brown sugar in the pancake batter. Then I figured why not go all out and add a lovely glaze to these as well. Syrup on fruit just doesn’t work for me. So a glaze of course was the only thing to do.
The cream cheese glaze on these is what makes this aMAZing! If I could get away with it, I would just eat the glaze, by the spoonful, standing in the kitchen in my pajamas. But sadly, my jeans would never forgive me for that transgression. So I restrained myself, and only devoured the glaze with the pancakes. Because of course that’s better right?
I have a feeling that these strawberry and cream pancakes are going to become a regular meal in this household. So quick and easy to make, and tastes like heaven.
Strawberries and Cream Pancakes
For the pancakes
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
For the glaze
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp milk
- Add the Bisquick, eggs, milk, brown sugar into a large mixing bowl. Stir until combined. Add the strawberries and fold into the batter.
- Cook pancakes on a skillet over low heat
- Place all ingredients into a small mixing bowl and stir until smooth and creamy. Add milk or powdered sugar as needed to get desired consistency.