This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Homemade Strawberry Sauce. This easy to make sauce is perfect for pouring onto pancakes, waffles, ice cream, or pretty much any dessert you can think of! You can also use it in place of jam on your morning toast! Only 4 ingredients and a few minutes of your time needed!
This sauce is so easy to make, it only takes 4 ingredients. And it is probably one of my favorite things to eat! This strawberry sauce is perfect for putting on so many things! Drizzle some on your ice cream, or a yogurt. Use it on your toast or pancakes. The possibilities are endless!
I have a fondness for strawberries and love keeping a jar of this on hand.
How to Make Strawberry Sauce:
- Hull and cut strawberries. About 1 pound of strawberries will give the 2 cups needed for the recipe.
- Add the strawberries to a medium size saucepan. Heat over medium heat.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir to coat the strawberries in the sugar mixture. The strawberries will start to make juice. Once you can see the juice start to boil, reduce the heat to low and continue to stir while the strawberries cook.
- After cooking for 15 minutes remove the saucepan from the heat, and mash the strawberries to desired consistency.
- Cover the strawberry sauce and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the strawberry sauce into a container that you can seal and store in the refrigerator.
Ways you can use this strawberry sauce:
This dessert sauce is perfect for cheesecake, waffles, pancakes, ice cream, brownies, and yogurt.
Watch how to make this Easy Strawberry Sauce:
PIN to your STRAWBERRY, or DESSERTS Board to SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Homemade Strawberry Sauce
- 2 cups strawberries diced
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- Add all ingredients to a medium size sauce pan. Heat over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture is boiling, reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes, while stirring throughout.
- The berries will soften and will make juice.
- After the 15 minutes, remove the pot from the heat and mash the strawberries to desired consistency. Cover the pot and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Spoon into a jar and store covered in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.