This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sopapilla Cheesecake Rolls. These light and airy baked rolls have a creamy cheesecake filling and a light sprinkle of cinnamon sugar on top. This is a fun and easy recipe that the whole family will love!
These sopapilla cheesecake rolls are a quick and easy version of Mexican sopapillas and Texas sopapilla cheesecake bars. The crescent dough bakes up light and fluffy and is reminiscent of fried sopapilla dough. While the creamy cheesecake center gives extra sweetness to the dessert. Add a classic drizzle of honey to complete this fun dessert recipe.
How to make Sopapilla Cheesecake Rolls:
- Make the cheesecake filling: a simple combination of cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla is all that is needed.
- Fill the crescent rolls: using pre-made crescent roll dough makes this recipe so easy to put together. Separate the crescent rolls and lay out the flat triangles. Add a scoop of the cheesecake filling in the wider portion of the dough. Then roll the crescent rolls up pinching the cheesecake filling inside.
- Topping: brush the tops of the crescent rolls with butter to help them bake up nice and golden, and sprinkle a cinnamon sugar on top.
- Bake: bake the rolls for 12-14 minutes until golden and puffy.
- Don’t overfill the crescent rolls, this will cause the filling to leak during baking.
- Pinch the sides of the crescent rolls once rolled to help seal in the cheesecake filling.
- For even more cinnamon flavor add a small amount of cinnamon to the cheesecake filling also.
More Dessert Recipes:
- Tres Leches Cake
- Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- Cinnamon Tortilla Rollups
- Fresas con crema
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
Sopapilla Cheesecake Rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) crescent roll dough
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp white granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Prepare the cinnamon sugar topping by mixing the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare the cheesecake filling by mixing the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract in a medium size mixing bowl. Stir or beat until mixed and no lumps remain.
- Preheat oven to 375℉ degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with baking spray.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 8 triangles.
- Spoon some cheesecake filling onto the triangle on the widest part. Roll the crescent rolls as normal, slightly pinch the ends closed to prevent the filling from leaking. Do this to all the crescent rolls.
- Brush the tops with the melted butter. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes until the crescent rolls are starting to turn golden in color.
- Allow to cool and serve. Best when still slightly warm! And with a drizzle of honey.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Recipe first published February 26, 2016. Updated May 18, 2020 with new images and video.