Coconut Mousse. This fluffy coconut mousse comes together quick and easy and is loaded with a cold, creamy coconut flavor! Top with your favorite toppings and it’s the perfect summer dessert!
Let’s give a warm welcome to my new favorite recipe. This coconut mousse is the fluffy, creamy, smooth coconut perfection. I have a deep love affair with coconut. As we can see with other recipes on my site for Coconut Sorbet, and this Coconut Smoothie. And when I started working on this coconut mousse I already knew in my mind exactly what I wanted it to taste like. I have to say..I nailed it. It’s pure coconut. Not too sweet. Not too faint or watered down tasting. Just pure coconut flavor.
This recipe drove me slightly nuts for a few days while I worked it out. But I was determined. The coconut flavor comes from the coconut milk and cream of coconut that are used. The texture comes from both the whipped cream and the gelatin. Make sure you snag unflavored gelatin so we don’t have any other flavors messing with our coconut love we have going on.
The best part? This is such a simple recipe and it creates a beautiful, simple, and slightly elegant dessert. You can leave the coconut mousse as is in the jars and serve that way. Or top with some extra whipped cream. Or you could be like me and go all out and toss everything you have on hand on top of them. Strawberries, chocolate, some sugared lime zest?? Oh yea. I can’t stop myself. Pineapple would also be good on these little beauties.
Basically, these little jars are full of coconut heaven and all die hard coconut lovers like myself can finally rejoice at the pure perfection.
Coconut Mousse and Recipe Video
- Pour the cold water into a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin into the cold water. Set aside, let sit for about 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan heat the coconut milk, cream of coconut and pinch of salt. Heat until just warm, not bubbling.
- Add the gelatin to the warmed coconut milk and stir until all the gelatin is dissolved. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium size mixing bowl pour the heavy whipping cream and add the white sugar. Mix over medium speed until whipped cream is light and fluffy and soft peaks are forming.
- Carefully add the cooled coconut mixture to the whipped cream and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into small containers or jars. Seal and place in refrigerator. Allow to cool and set for at least 4 hours.
- Top with additional whipped cream and any other toppings desired. Pictured is chococlate, strawberries, and sugared lime zest (lime zest coated in white sugar).
Coconut Mousse Recipe first appeared on The Recipe Critic.