Easy Taco Soup! This hearty, flavorful soup is loaded up with ground beef, beans, tomatoes, green chiles, and more. This soup comes together in one pot and in just 30 minutes making it perfect for a weeknight meal for the family.
Taco soup is a definite winner for dinner time. This meal can be made in 30 minutes. The hardest part? Cutting the onion. This soup comes together super quick, it’s flavorful, it really does taste like tacos, and it’s perfect for the whole family.
How to make Taco Soup:
This recipe comes together in 30 minutes and in one pot. Which means that all the work takes place in one large pot, I typically use my dutch oven.
- Brown the ground beef and saute the onion. Drain the grease from the ground beef.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot. Stir to combine everything.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that there is basically no prep work needed. Not much slicing or dicing is needed. And I can set one of the kids up with the can opener and most of the work is done!
Methods for cooking Taco Soup:
Even though this recipe is written as a one pot meal, you can also cook this in your slow cooker, or Instant Pot.
To make taco soup in the slow cooker:
Brown the ground beef and cook the onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Then add the meat to the slow cooker. Add in the remaining ingredients. Set to cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
To make taco soup in the instant pot:
Set the instant pot to saute, add the ground beef and onion, cook until meat is browned. Drain the grease. Add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
Toppings and Additional Options for this Taco Soup:
Taco Soup Toppings:
- Sour Cream
- Tortilla Strips
- Green Onions
Additional Options to add to this Taco Soup Recipe:
- Diced green chiles
- pinto beans
This is just a small list of ideas. This soup is so easy to change up and adjust to make it just the way you want it.
More Soup Recipes:
- Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- Slow Cooker King Ranch Chicken Soup
- Chile Relleno Soup
WANT TO TRY THIS EASY TACO SOUP?
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 (15 ounce can) tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce can) diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (15 ounce can) black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25 ounce can) whole kernel golden sweet corn
- 1 (3.8 ounce can) sliced olives
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups beef broth
- Add the ground beef to a large pot, cook the meat over medium heat until mostly browned, add the diced onion and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until the meat is browned. Add in the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Drain the grease and return the pot to the stovetop. Pour in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes with green chiles, black beans, corn, and olives. Stir to combine. Add in the chili powder, black pepper, salt, cumin, oregano, and garlic powder. Stir until mixed. Pour in the beef stock.
- Allow the soup to come to a boil, then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!