I have a special treat for you today!
And I’m not just talking about this ramen grilled cheese that you’re looking at. I know, I know. It’s something to behold isn’t it!? You’re probably thinking to yourself..what else could be in store for us if the special treat isn’t this mind blowing sandwich (is it still technically a sandwich?)?
Let me introduce you to my husband, Kruz. He is the man behind the blog here at House of Yumm. He can always be counted on to come up with a fun, totally unique meal! He loves to experiment in the kitchen, and always surprises us with yummy snacks.
And yep..as you’ve probably guessed, this ramen grilled cheese here is his creation! Not only that…here he is himself to tell you about it 🙂
Ramen…….as a bun?! Those were my first thoughts when I was watching something on TV where this Chef Shimamoto introduced “The Ramen Burger” pure genius right?!
Our favorite cheap college meal dressed up to something deliciously fancy!
How Do I Make a Ramen Bun?
- To begin cook the package of ramen per package guidelines.
- Once cooked, strain the noodles, which will be mixed with an egg.
- After this you will find two ramekins (I found it easier to cut the noodles in half to easily scoop out half for each ramekin.)
- Place cling wrap over each ramekin and tightly pack the noodles in.
- Leave the cling wrap on and place the ramekins with the noodles into the freezer for 5 minutes and then the fridge for 10 minutes. This will ensure that it is going to hold shape.
- Once cooled, hold the ramekins over the frying pan, and don’t manipulate it in any way, the noodles will come out on their own.
- hen just cook each side until golden brown. Add fillings and enjoy!
Ramen grilled cheese. This grilled cheese is made with cooked ramen instead of bread and loaded with cheddar cheese, arugula, and sauteed mushrooms.
- 1 package ramen (any flavor)
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 4 whole white mushrooms chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 handful of arugula
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of garlic salt
- Prepare the ramen according to the package
- Strain and mix noodles with the beaten egg until noodles are thoroughly coated
- Divide noodles in half placing each half into an individual ramekin
- Cover each ramekin with cling wrap and press noodles down, ensuring they are packed tightly into the ramekin
- Place the covered ramekins into the refrigerator for 15 minutes to cool, this will ensure that they hold their shape
- Once cooled, hold the ramekins upside down over a frying pan coated with vegetable oil, the noodles will loosen and fall, then cook until golden brown on each side, approximately two minutes on each side
- Sautee the mushrooms in a frying pan with the butter and the soy sauce until mushrooms are cooked.
- Toss the arugula with the sesame oil and spices until coated
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 23 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Protein: 18 g
PS I think you may like these 😉10