Lucky Charms Milkshake. This milkshake is made with Lucky Charms cereal milk, creamy vanilla ice cream, and colorful Lucky Charms marshmallows! Top it all with homemade whipped cream and even more marshmallows for a fun treat perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, or any day!
It’s March already. Can you believe it? I love March. Spring is coming, things are blooming. We have tons of daffodils in our yard already. March is also the season for Lucky Charms. Yes, Lucky Charms have a season. I suppose you can get them year long, but they are a requirement for the month of March. My kids were so excited to see me put a box of Lucky Charms in the basket at the market. Their little faces lit up with thoughts of marshmallow rainbows and clovers. Then they watched in horror as I busted the bag open on the counter and methodically pulled out every. single. marshmallow. It was almost like watching all of their hopes and dreams come crashing down on their little faces while I rolled up the bag of marshmallow-less Lucky Charms, clipped it closed, and placed it in the cabinet for their breakfast eating pleasure. I mean, c’mon. Who does such a thing? Well…I did! And you will too so that you can enjoy this Lucky Charms Milkshake!
I think the kid’s faces lit back up when they saw these Lucky Charm Milkshakes though. These shakes are made with a Lucky Charm cereal milk to help infuse the flavor of Lucky Charms throughout the entire shake. Bits of colorful marshmallow are blended up creating beautiful little rainbow sprinkles. Top it all off with some whipped cream and additional marshmallows and everyone will forgive you while they eat the remaining cereal over the next several days.
More Sweet Treats to Enjoy:
Lucky Charms Milkshake
- 1 cup whole milk
- ⅔ cup Lucky Charms cereal, no marshmallows
- 1 cup Lucky Charms marshmallows
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- green food coloring, optional. I used Wilton Leaf Green gel color Food Coloring
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- additional Lucky Charms marshmallows
- Pour the whole milk into a container, I used my glass measuring cup, and crush the Lucky Charms cereal and add it to the milk. Allow this to sit at room temperature for about 20 to 30 minutes to steep (the flavor from the cereal will go into the milk). Once the milk has steeped then strain the milk through a fine mesh strainer and discard the cereal.
- Add the Lucky Charms marshmallows to a blender, mix until the marshmallows are fine crumbs, add the vanilla ice cream, milk, and green food coloring. Blend until combined and shake like consistency. Add more milk or ice cream as needed to get to desired consistency.
- In small mixing bowl add the heavy cream mix on high speed for about 1 minute then add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Continue to beat on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Pour the shake into glasses, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with additional marshmallows. Serve immediately and enjoy.