Cuban sliders are loaded with ham, swiss cheese, and dill pickles, topped with a dijon mustard onion spread! Super easy to make and definitely a crowd pleaser!! An easy to make sliders recipe!
These sliders are always a huge hit! They are easy to make. They’re perfect for potlucks, get togethers, game day spreads, or a weeknight family dinner. They reheat like a dream, which makes them perfect to give to a family in need. Plus they make a lovely cold snack if you don’t even feel like reheating them.
Loaded with ham, swiss cheese, dill pickle. Topped with a dijon, onion, butter spread. Then toasted until lightly golden and the cheese is melted.
How to make this Cuban Sliders Recipe:
- Slice the slider buns in half. No need to separate the rolls, the Hawaiian rolls come in a large sheet, with all the buns connected. Simply slice the entire sheet of rolls in half, placing the bottom of the rolls into a greased baking pan or dish.
- Layer the sliced ham, cheese, and pickles. Then place the tops of the slider buns on top.
- Once you have the sliders assembled, add a few ingredients (in the recipe below) to make the dijon spread and pour it over the top.
- Cover and bake.
Ingredients Needed for Cuban Sliders:
- Hawaiian Rolls: the sweetness of the bread adds a little extra to these sliders.
- Sliced Ham: sliced deli ham is perfect for these. Read more about the Cuban Pork down below.
- Swiss cheese: deli sliced Swiss cheese.
- Dill pickles: sliced dill pickles chips, or slice up a whole dill pickle.
- Mustard: Add some extra to the sliders if desired.
- Butter: unsalted butter is needed for making the mustard sauce to drizzle on top of the sliders before baking.
- Minced Onion: use finely diced fresh onion or use dehydrated minced onion that is typically found in the spice aisles at most markets.
What about the Cuban Pork?
This question comes up often! We can all agree, Cuban pork is amazing, but it takes a day to make since it should be cooked slowly. IF you have some cuban pork on hand, some leftovers, and you want to make these sliders definitely use the pork! However, this recipe is designed to be a quick, 30 minute recipe to replicate the flavors of a cuban sandwich.
You will love how simple these are to make!
More Easy Family Dinner Recipes:
- 24 pack Hawaiian rolls
- 1 package sliced ham lunch meat
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- dill pickles
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 9×13 baking tray
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Grease 9×13 baking pan and set aside.
- Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half removing the top and placing the bottom of the rolls in the baking pan. Layer the meat, cheese, and pickles. Place the top of the rolls on top.
- Whisk together the butter and the dijon mustard. Add in the minced onion (could also grate onion if you don’t want the minced onion chunks!) and stir. With a spoon pour the dijon spread over the top of the rolls.
- Cover the sliders with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the rolls are a toasted brown.
- Cut the sliders and remove from the baking pan. Enjoy!
Photography done by KJandcompany.co
Recipe first published on May 20, 2014. Updated October 9, 2020 with new images and information. Original image below: