This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This tender, juicy, zesty chili lime chicken is perfect for topping your salad! This easy recipe takes just minutes to prepare! Perfect for a weeknight dinner!
Chili Lime Chicken Salad. Some days just call for salad. But salad never really fills me up. I need a little something more with my salad. That’s where this chili lime chicken comes in. This chicken is bursting with flavor. And I will be completely honest with you, if you don’t like lime, you probably won’t like this chicken. It definitely has a tangy lime flavor to it. With a little pop of heat from the chili powder. It’s everything that it’s name would imply. But if you’re like me and love those flavors then I think this meal will be perfect for you!
As with all recipes here, this is an easy to make recipe. Perfect for having on a weeknight. The only trick is making sure that you marinade the chicken. So this is a meal that takes a little fore-thought. The chicken will need to marinade for at least 2 hours to really absorb the flavors. Then it’s just a matter of tossing it in a pan and cooking it. If you follow me on snapchat you probably saw me make this a couple of weeks ago. It’s a healthy dinner that is easy to make, it’s filling, and the whole family enjoyed it! Even the pickiest ones of all. Winning! Make sure you snag the recipe for the Creamy Avocado Salsa too, remember that’s the recipe that’s called salsa, but it’s so universal you can use it for a salad dressing also, and it’s perfect on this salad!
I hope you enjoy the recipe! You can follow along with me and never miss a recipe by signing up for my newsletter. Also follow me on Instagram and tag #houseofyumm so I can see all the recipes you make ? It’s really the best part of my day when I get to hear from you!
Chili Lime Chicken Salad
- Clean the chicken by removing fat, slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make them thinner and easier to cook.
- In a bowl combine the lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, cilantro, minced garlic, honey, salt, and chili powder. Stir to mix.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Place in heated pan and allow to cook about 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is fully cooked through. Leave in the pan extra time to blacken if desired.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and set on cutting board to let rest for a couple of minutes before slicing.
- Assemble the salad, layer the lettuce, chicken, tomato, avocado, and drizzle with Avocado Ranch. Or any dressing of your choice.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.