This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken Queso Chili. This easy to make chili is loaded up with shredded chicken, black beans, corn, and spice! This chili is perfect for serving up on game day or any type of get together. Easy to make thanks to using pantry ingredients, plus salsa for spice and queso for a rich, cheesy texture!
I am partnering with Cacique®️ to bring you this recipe. Thank you for supporting the businesses that support House of Yumm!
Sports might look a little different this year, with more of us staying home and enjoying the games on our own screens. But you can still enjoy some great game day foods that are easy to make at home. I am so excited to partner up with Cacique (one of the country’s TOP authentic Hispanic food brands) to bring you this quick and easy Chicken Queso Chili.
This Chicken Chili comes together quick and easy with minimal ingredients and less time spent cooking, which means more time spent enjoying the games and the company around you! Plus, I’m sharing some easy substitutions and modifications below for you in case your pantry may be starting to run low.
- Chicken: use either chicken breasts or chicken thighs. Get boneless and skinless chicken from the market to make this dish easy to make.
- Onion & Garlic: adds flavor and seasoning to the chicken chili.
- Chicken Broth: use a low or no sodium chicken broth or use a homemade broth.
- Cacique Medium Homestyle Salsa: add a nice amount of chunkiness, spice and flavor by using salsa mixed with broth as the base of this chili.
- Tomato Paste: This helps add a thickness to the chili and it also adds a nice deep red coloring to the chili.
- Black Beans & Corn: add some heartiness to the chili by adding your favorite beans or additions. Corn adds a fun pop of color to the completed dish.
- Cumin: ground cumin adds a great flavoring.
- Cacique Mexican Style Jalapeno Queso Dip: stirring in the Queso Dip at the end makes the chili thick, rich, and gives the chili a cheesy kick!
How to make Chicken Queso Chili:
- Sear the chicken: this helps release juices to flavor the chili, plus adds flavoring to the chicken. After searing remove the chicken, don’t worry if it’s not cooked all of the way, it will fully cook in the chili later.
- Create the broth: sauté the onion and garlic, then stir in the chicken broth and Cacique Homestyle Medium Salsa. This is the base for the chili. The addition of tomato paste adds color and a bolder tomato taste, and cumin for seasoning.
- Cook the Chicken: Add the chicken back into the pot. Bring the pot of chili to a slow boil, cover, and let the chicken cook for another 15 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165℉ and easily shreds.
- Stir in Queso Dip: heat up the queso according to the directions on the package. Having the queso hot helps it to stir in the chili smoothly. Simply spoon the queso dip into the chili and stir.
Substitutions & Modifications:
- Chicken: can use already shredded chicken or grab a rotisserie chicken to save some time and cut some steps out of the recipe.
- Black Beans & Corn: use dried beans if needed, soak them overnight, drain and rinse and use in the chili. You can also use frozen or fresh corn instead of canned. Or simply swap out the beans for another type like Pinto or Great Northern Beans. You can always leave out the corn or use another type of vegetable you prefer. Some diced up zucchini or butternut squash would be great additions also.
More Game Day Recipes to Try:
Chicken Queso Chili
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken boneless, skinless
- ½ cup white onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth no sodium
- 1 cup Cacique Medium Homestyle Salsa
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce can) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce can) whole kernel corn drained
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup Cacique Mexican Style Jalapeño Queso Dip
- Heat oil in a 3 qt dutch oven or stock pot. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Place in the oil and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the onion and allow to cook in the pot for 2-3 minutes until softened and translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour the chicken broth, Cacique Medium Homestyle Salsa, tomato paste, black beans, and corn into the pot. Stir to combine. Add in cumin and salt, stir together.
- Add the chicken back into the pot. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165℉ and easily shreds.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, shred and return the shredded chicken to the pot. Stir to combine. Remove the pot of chili from heat.
- Heat the Cacique Mexican Style Jalapeño Queso Dip according to directions on the package. Drizzle into the chili. Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.